Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to build a CRX into a race monster have read that that ZC would be the best bet. What does it take to swap a Zc into a CRX frame, also what year should i use, type of zc, where can i get turbo parts, etc. any help is greatly appreciated.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
the D16zc dohc is the same stroke and bore as a D16y8 correct? also who do you know who'se done this swap on this site?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its the same as any d16. its a bolt in swap, if your not wired for mpfi you need to do that, and if you are there is a difference in the cps on a regular d16 and the zc i believe. the exhaust is the same but the intake manifolds are different from regular d motors. you could peice together a kit or you could buy a kit but thats expensive(turbo). and for internals you can use forged d series rods and you may have to buy a high compression piston for regular d series to use as low compression in the zc. if your wanting the most power your gonna have to sleeve the block, probably do a set of regrind cams (as far as i know no one has cams for this motor that is not regrind) exospeed carries those, a multiangle valve job (3 or 5 up to you better performance out of five) get a set of springs and retainers and valves, and port the head and do some bowl work, you can also do a lightweight flywheel, you could knife edge the crank but that weakens the motor so i wouldnt reccomend it. and you could do a coating on all of your parts to help withstand higher heat. theres alot of money into building a RACE MONSTER so i hope your ready to spend alot.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Cams are made by many different companies.........

any ZC cam will bolt right in....even obd1 cams...
Just to name a few.........

Crower
JG engine dynamics
Mugen(disscontinued
Webb
spoon( disscontinued

There are a few mor But I can Not think of at the time......

watch it with the rods and piston selections.....

the stock setup only clears the intake valve by a frogs dick......

were talking very close clearances....from the factory......

the ZC was the Type R motor of its day.....

there are lots of old mugen parts floating around as well.........
the ZC was mugen's original hampster........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts