Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I know. I have done research but i just wanted to get ya'll's opinion on what has worked the best. I have a stock d15b7 in a 95 civic and i want a dependable setup that would give me around 175 to 200 hp. I am not looking to be the fastest thing around. Everybody says just go with the edelbrock or greedy kit. But I want to try and put together a kit that will keep me from spending so much money and give me the best bang for the buck. I would like to keep my a/c so I am kind of leaning towards this manifold http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=123&cat_key=52&prodname=Honda+D+Series+Cast+Turbo+Manifold. I haven't really decided on a turbo, b/o valve, blah blah, etc I will take any suggestions.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
14b turbo from older DSMs, 450cc DSM injectors, chipped ECU (PO5 or PO6 since you aren't VTEC), and replace your rod bolts (ARP), rod bearings, headgasket, and ARP headstuds.

Or, if your engine is already in good shape, just the turbo and injectors. Is the b7 the one with the down-draft throttle body? If so, get a Z6 intake manifold.

That manifold will support your power goals, but they really do suck. The wastegate elbow really, really sucks. But, it will work and it's cheap.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I know I know. I have done research but i just wanted to get ya'll's opinion on what has worked the best. I have a stock d15b7 in a 95 civic and i want a dependable setup that would give me around 175 to 200 hp. I am not looking to be the fastest thing around. Everybody says just go with the edelbrock or greedy kit. But I want to try and put together a kit that will keep me from spending so much money and give me the best bang for the buck. I would like to keep my a/c so I am kind of leaning towards this manifold http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=123&cat_key=52&prodname=Honda+D+Series+Cast+Turbo+Manifold. I haven't really decided on a turbo, b/o valve, blah blah, etc I will take any suggestions.
For that price I would try to make my own and I kno it will be better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the thing. My motor has got plenty of miles on it. But, it doesn't smoke a bit, haven't had any trouble so far except the water pump and timing belt. So would you run it til it blew or do you think it will go not long after i turbo it? As far as making my own exhaust manifold what do you mean by that?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I appreciate the help guys. Ya'll have basically helped me pick out the turbo, injectors, manifold, intercooler, now i'm not too sure on what piping kit and BOV to go with. Also how to go about getting the ECU chipped and what to get done to it. I believe that covered it so any more input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok well i have been looking around and it seems that everyone is doing the hf manifolds but they are not able to keep their a/c. What am i going to have to do in order to keep mine? Not sure if the manifold I asked about before will fit the 14b? Sorry if it is repetitive or if it sounds stupid. Just trying to get the best knowledge i can get before ordering everything. Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts