Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over time I have been replacing bushings throughout my car, with 301k miles most are shot. As of last week I was down to rear lca bushings, and toe link bushings on the trailing arms. I have also had a slight toe issue with the left rear wheel not being able to be quite centered, it is just at the end of adjustment range and at the edge of factory acceptable, however it still toes out enough that under heavy braking it feels odd.

The stock rear lca bushings were not completely shot, but heavily deformed and dry rotting. The cost of replacing bushings alone was enough that i decided to get replacement LCA's.

I went with Truhart for the following reasons: price was acceptably low (but not too low), the company behind Truhart (Urban Imports) has been around for 15+ years (they brought a LOT of Rotas to the US and I believe were the first importer of D2 parts) and my experiences with them in the past were all good, and they description read Heavy Duty Hard Race bushings in the LCA.

My impression of the LCA's: the finish is nice, it is satin, and has an almost pliant feel too it rather than a hardshell feel, I am curious to see about durability in the long run. It is obvious the parts are produced by a private label as the Truhart emblem is only a sticker, but afaik they do not hide that they do that. The bushings are the neat part, they appear to be good quality (like my x ray eyes can really see shit anyway), but they have a nice steel shell, and instead of being ONLY press fit, there is a set screw as well, so it would appear that the design has replacement in mind as well.

Install and fit was about expected, not too dirty or tough since i have had it all apart in the past few years, no pics since if you are not installing them yourself it doesn't matter, and even then there are great write ups for those that need help.

I am curious how they will hold up over time. I plan on getting alignment checked soon before replacing toe links, either something is damaged or worn out and there is not much left. I love the look of the LCA's and if the bushings really are from Hard Race I feel like they are a great deal.

I did save my stock LCAs just in case though....powder coat and new bushings can make them all nice if I need to put them back in...

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
They look very similar to the Hardrace LCA's, but they're a tad cheaper. They probably make them in the same place but cut the inner profile a bit different.

I suppose you could just email Hardrace to confirm if they supply the bushings. My guess is they use the same OD bushings as the OEM arms. If you could measure them to confirm, that'd be great.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,045 Posts
do I spy set screws to hold the bushings? or are those zerk fittings?

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
speaking of using threaded fasteners to save effort later, I saw the R35 GTR uses pinch bolts to hold it's steering knuckle to the UCA balljoint instead of a dumbass tapered stud.

all cars should be like that!

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will throw calipers on there to see about the bushings.

Its funny I had a set of the Hardrace ones at JHP sitting in my cart, but $145 shipped or $125 shipped, i went with 125 shipped once I saw the claim that it was hard race bushings in the tru harts, though i did not see that one image of the hard race with the set screws prior. They do look similar enough i would not be surprised if they came out of the same plant just off different lines to change the inner cuts and final color...

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Yep they seem to be the same as hard race. The part that says hard race though isn't a sticker and they do have set screws for the bushings.

The tru hart front UCA's also looks like the hard race ones.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
It is my understanding that the TruHart control arms will work with Had Race bushings (if you need to replace them in the future), and the front uppers will work with their ball joints as well. They are a good product for the money. I used their front upper and rear uppers on my last car, and will use them again on my new chassis.

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
speaking of using threaded fasteners to save effort later, I saw the R35 GTR uses pinch bolts to hold it's steering knuckle to the UCA balljoint instead of a dumbass tapered stud.

all cars should be like that!
Ford did that years ago, it might be okay in the southern states, but up in the midwest, they are actually a pita to deal with, especially in the rear suspension.

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the Truhart are 127 shipped at tunersports.com with the current coupon code. That is what I paid for them when I got them as well.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Damn, and Hard Race is outta stock on blue ones...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts