Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't gonna do a DIY but someone asked for pics and so I decided to go ahead and make a short DIY.

First think I did was remove all carpet from the trunk (pretty easy to figure out)

Then I cleaned the metal with degreaser and a scrub brush and then shop-vaced it all real good.

Next I masked everything off I didnt want the liner on... Wiring, etc. I removed the tail lights and masked the openings from the out side.

They make a liner you roll on and a spray. I picked the spray. Made by rustoleum. It textures as it sprays. At the local Autozone it was about 8 dollars a can. As of now its only about half painted. I was gonna paint half the trunk at a time and put 3 layers of spray down. I used one car doing 3 layers on about half the trunk so you will need 2 cans.

This is the best pic i could get of what was sprayed with the current lighting conditions. I will post more when I get it completely sprayed and tape taken off and can post better pics.

·
Registered
'97 crv
1,467 Posts
Nice, I was originally just gonna do my floor pans with this for easy cleaning, but I might do the whole interior now.

·
Registered
98 Posts
ya i did that to every inch of my crx inside. less road noise, easy to clean, blocks out the heat better.
did you ever have a problem with your liner chipping and flaking off? knew a guy that did it , maybe thin, maybe didnt clean surface areas, in his jeep and it flaked off alot..he might not have done it right though, or coulda been from throwing stuff tools and what not around in there...
and good job with trunk man, looks clean, you going to do top coat prtotective clear coat or anything?

·
Registered
99 honda civic ex
137 Posts
did you ever have a problem with your liner chipping and flaking off? knew a guy that did it , maybe thin, maybe didnt clean surface areas, in his jeep and it flaked off alot..he might not have done it right though, or coulda been from throwing stuff tools and what not around in there...
and good job with trunk man, looks clean, you going to do top coat prtotective clear coat or anything?
Yeah when you do it you definitely want to clean and hit it with a light sanding or with steel wool...just did that to the inside of my jeep and its awesome :TU:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont think so. Im puttin 3 good coats on it and letting it cure per instructions. I think itll be fine. If not oh well ill just touch it up

Sent from my MB855 using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts