Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,
I've been searching around for a few weeks now and cant really find anything on a Y8 IM on a stock Z6... being what exact parts I need. I've been reading about the whole manual Y8 and auto Y8 IM's being different (and 96-98 & 99-00 manis air injection).

Will the IACV from the z6 match the the y8?
Do I need the Y8 fuel rail if I want to keep the OBD-II injectors?

Rich

·
Registered
Honda Civic LX
402 Posts
Hey guys,
I've been searching around for a few weeks now and cant really find anything on a Y8 IM on a stock Z6... being what exact parts I need. I've been reading about the whole manual Y8 and auto Y8 IM's being different (and 96-98 & 99-00 manis air injection).

Will the IACV from the z6 match the the y8?
Do I need the Y8 fuel rail if I want to keep the OBD-II injectors?

Rich
hey there is something on honda-tech...that i used to do my Y7-Y8 swap...but the write up was for a Z6-y8 setup...heres the link

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1018993
pretty much always the same deal....the only thing i had to do custom was to cut and bend the throttle cable stay...oh an di cut my SRI made for the Y7..to fit the Y8..did really good if u ask me...n i noticed when the car is cold it kinda whistles..lol.....it worked out good all in all..i need to take pics

oh and ot answer ur questions...no u wont need the Y8 fuel rail..and the IACV should work fine witht he Y8...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey there is something on honda-tech...that i used to do my Y7-Y8 swap...but the write up was for a Z6-y8 setup...heres the link

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1018993
pretty much always the same deal....the only thing i had to do custom was to cut and bend the throttle cable stay...oh an di cut my SRI made for the Y7..to fit the Y8..did really good if u ask me...n i noticed when the car is cold it kinda whistles..lol.....it worked out good all in all..i need to take pics

oh and ot answer ur questions...no u wont need the Y8 fuel rail..and the IACV should work fine witht he Y8...

MUCHO thanks pal!!!

Rich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts