Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Use gray or black RTV that states "maximum oil resistance"

Clean surfaces up, I use a small cup style brass wire wheel on a drill to clean surfaces up. Spray brake cleaner on a clean rag, wipe surfaces completely clean.

Then use very little rtv, smear a new "gasket" into place. It is easier to coat the lid when it is removed.

Then use 2 bolts through the lid, carefully put the lid into place, using the 2 botls to line it up.

CONTACT the lid to the block, and barely tighten the bolts. Just contact. Let it sit for an hour or 2. Then tighten like a spark plug. hand snug, then a tiny bit more. TINY.

that should solve that leak!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
that cap covers the test port for purge vacuum testing. Id try and find it, or see if you can find one locally. For now, you can wrap it in electrical tape to cover it. Maybe 6-7 hose wraps to keep it somewhat durable.

IACV unplug should never raise the idle. That almost says whatever your leak is, is floppy.

Kinda like the PCV's lid that uses sealant............

more vacuum, it sucked more rtv gasket in, creating a larger hole.

Sorry dude, I think you are stuck removing the PCV and its lid, cleaning the surfaces, and resealing.

As far as driving, if it drives okay, you are fine. I dont think you are actually damaging anything.
I replaced the green cap already. The picture i send u is this morning i took it. It drives fine is just that i dont feel comfortable with the rom issues and i think it Bern gas if its surging. I cleaned the pcv valve housing before not long ago. I think i have an issue, i unplugged the iacv before last year and the engine behaviour was so bad, i didn't know what causing it because i couldn't drive fast, the engine would shiver each and cut back on speed each time i tried to go fast so troubleshoot it after i went home and found out that it was iacv that was unplugged bur not now i didn't put the car in drive when i unplugged it while the engine is running so i wouldn't know how it would act. I ask talk to a mechanic today about my issue so i should take it to him Wednesday.i will let u know what he said.

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
It never hurts to have a second pair of eyes on something!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts