Honda D Series Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

Registered
93 Civic HB SI, 95 Civic HB CX
They are in my wish list, along with 7 others, lol. Have you hit the road yet? Remember mines a dd, bearing hum when the bearings are fine is going to drive me bat馃挬
Good point, might be moot on race car for a bearing noise review lol. and no going spherical is still on my to do haha. Got all parts from PCI, but still waiting to install. I want to do RTAs at the track for a "before and after", but I'll have camber and toe installed before.

@Soul Engineering's got full rear spherical in his CRX, curious how many more miles he's put on em since install? Might not yet be enough for a feels review quite yet :)

Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I already know spherical rtas are not for me, it's like riding a skateboard, but modifying the poly bushings with tapered holes will compensate, and if I have to keep replacing link and ucas diary 50k to retain ride quality im ok with that, she still carves a neat line under pressure, its the going straight she is having issues with currently馃槄 ask the srt challenger she said "nope" to when it tried to roll around us as the light turned green馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ me and the girl in the challenger both syt ourselves when she hopped sideways 3ft to the right the hooked and said bye bye

Formerly weebeastie
Good point, might be moot on race car for a bearing noise review lol. and no going spherical is still on my to do haha. Got all parts from PCI, but still waiting to install. I want to do RTAs at the track for a "before and after", but I'll have camber and toe installed before.

@Soul Engineering's got full rear spherical in his CRX, curious how many more miles he's put on em since install? Might not yet be enough for a feels review quite yet :)
They are noisy on dirt/gravel roads. Other than that, they are magical. I鈥檒l deal with the noise, they are as smooth as glass. I鈥檒l never run Poly again. Ever. Maybe rubber on a bone stock car, but the wagon will be getting them as well when I have the money/time to do it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
So we went on a family cruise around town the other day in Trixie, not something that happens often as my wife is partial to testicle freezing ac, while my daughter and I tend to favor VrrRRooOMMmmm over comfort, as you can imagine testicle freezing ac wins most often.
As we were cruising to go check on some dogs for an out of town friend I catch an ASL conversation in spurts, and it's my daughter teaching my wife when to shift 馃ぃ 馃ぃ 馃ぃ 馃ぃ. We never could get through a manual lesson without it turning to, "somewhere between 2300 and 7200 rpms is NOT a shift point!". So we get the dogs fed and settled(power had been off a few hours, transformer blown) and I unlock the car to go home, my wife asks if she can drive馃く "ok sure". Several miles of burning rubber and smoking brakes later she says, and I quote, "I get it now." 馃く馃ぃ馃く馃ぃ馃く馃ぃ I'm so confused.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Was doing the rear brakes on my wifes '03 today and this song came on, lmao. This was a constant soundtrack why rolling down the interstate with my dad in one beat up rig or another hauling something or other somewhere or other, didn't realize til now that it just about describes my life in nutshell 馃ぃ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Hate to jinx things but trixie has been good, a few adjustments on the tune, she is rolling at a cruise at 15.4:1 now, logging 39.5 mpg combined with my new commute. Rack and bushings still need replaced, and rear bearings got added to the list as well, 2 new tires will be needed before it starts raining. I'll probably fit some back up rollers to the rear so I can paint the rims with tires off. Have a 3 tone paint scheme that may or may not turn some heads for the rims. Face will be graphite, outer inset will be cast aluminum, and the inner rim will be gloss black.
Going to go with honda r81 red for the primary color of the body with some satin black accents I think. Trying to find a good set of fenders, a hood and an ex 4 door bumper cover, find time for a friend to fix the poorly rolled rear fenderwells and the dings in the doors. Big list of cosmetic stuff, but now that my wife gets in the driver's seat it might actually happen, lol.
Mk3 block and a set of srp pistons with 2mm offset pins, and 27.7 cd are out to have the bores done, eagle rods went with to be narrowed for 1.7l crank and be torque checked with the upgraded bolts, the crank will go out soon, to be modified to work with a z6 oil pump, gear and damper, then go with a few others to get re-nitreded and case hardened (the only way I could afford this was finding a bunch of real z6 cranks with burred journals and getting them for next to nothing to be refinished and sold). I still need to build/find a manifold, get intercooler and piping, ect, ect, ect, ect, lol.
Before all that happens I've been asked to go 60mm tb and true 2.25" exhaust with a tuned header, some interested parties want to know what she will run 1/8 mile maxed out on 1.6l and possibly 1.7l stoke and they are willing to pay to find out, lol. So some slight reworking will be in order, have a few different air intakes laying around im going to play with for tuning when it comes to that part, personally I think the 54mm tb with 1.7l stroke and a 2.5" intake is going to be the 1/8 mile winning setup, might even stay with 2" exhaust but go to a 2.25" cat.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Lots of stuff waiting all wrapped up and ready to go, pretty much have everything I need aside from cams to test, trixie has been well and I'm not really in a rush to pull a perfectly functional drive train to replace it with what could, after all, amount to a $22k experiment that under performs. So I've kinda been digging around for a shell to dump it all into until testing is complete, at which point I'd swap stuff around and either turn the new shell into a dedicated track car (not sure when id use it) or sell it as a daily after an engine refresh.
The shorter commute up a less demanding hill has increased my average commute mpg to 39.7, or it had until the rack gave up the ghost, the toe being just slightly off the last 300 miles saw only 31.6 mpg. It's definitely time for new bushings, and I've asked for pci spherical rear uppers and toe links for Xmas, so maybe those get here in time for a precision alignment come January. Found a dash without a crack in the middle, a set of door panels, rear deck cover, a few other things, will send some of them out for reconditioning so they can be installed when I get around to replacing all the weather proofing that's leaking.
Got a dash cam installed as well, so I may have some video the next time I get called to the 1/8th mile grudge matches. Belive it or not, I've yet to pull anything but a short test video, as it seems the second I installed it everyone dropped their phones and put their hands on their steering wheels, lol.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts