Honda D Series Forum banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So unbeknownst to me, the rest of the dads (and 3 of the moms) in the DHH school for deaf and hard of hearing kids in my area have been spending lots of money trying to leave trixie in the dust, the most recent attempt is a 2014 srt charger, 6.8 hemi, manual swap, intake, headers exhaust with mild tuning, after a hard push up the hill trixie came out on top. the hemi has a rod knocking and trixie is pushing coolant. They are both now interfering with a 61 f100 fuel injection swap thats been in the works a few months now.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So... bit of an update, Mk2 went through some troubles recently. I swear it all started with that hemi, but maybe I'm imagining things.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Main relay wiring went on the fritz, sudden power downs for no desernible reason, then if I could keep it coasting a bit it would switch back on, eventually traced it to a break in the ground that goes from relay to thermostat ground via 3 different connectors. Then clutch issues after I replaced a leaking clutch master, damn thing just wouldn't let go of the last air bubble for like 8 weeks. Soon after that was solved the distributor went out in spectacular fashion, bleeding 2k V into ecu ground and frying an ecu or 3. So spares used up, running low on cash the head gasket finally went the rest of the way the same day my daughters program gets shut down for 10 day due to covid exposure🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Trixies mk1 powerplant port work. Originally it was done with n/a in mind, when my brother bought it I reworked it slightly to capitalize on the t3/t4oe turbo setup, sadly his love of pennzoil and cheap fuel signed its death certificate.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Got the head gasket done this weekend
Photograph Light Green Automotive engine gasket Bicycle part

Vision care Motor vehicle Textile Automotive lighting Eyewear

The exhaust valves needed some love to I lapped them in.
Red Magenta Bottle Wood Cosmetics

And tried to get some decent pictures of the port work, but mostly I just got lots of glare, but one you can see a bit of something...
Door Gas Automotive wheel system Auto part Automotive tire

I cant believe she was running as good as she was, and the temp only ever climbed if the coolant got too low, #4 appeared to have just started burning coolant. Cylinder walls look good, compression went from 120-145 psi back to 185 psi +/- 2.
2 days after that I lost voltage to the vss🤬 appears to be a broken wire in between the C302 and C126 connectors, so now I get the pleasure of pulling the dash, or maybe find a reach-a-round to get that fixed.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Vss 12v solved! Bent pin that wasn't connecting. BUT it drops out randomly now, mostly its good til 120 mph, it throws code 17 and sets check engine code for vss, this might be exacerbated by the newly incorporated 1.5° cam retard, aiming for a bit of carried over peak power, (it didnt work). If any one has verified data to support the 1.7l stroke at higher rpm i'd like to see it*.
Current plans are pointing towards 1.7l stroke, 75.5mm bore, decked block, milled y8 head, 05-11 rdx vftufbo, and a set of something around 700cc e-85 injectors. I hope I'm not cutting it too close to efficient specs, but time will tell.
End goal is 40 mpg on e-85, if I see 40 mpg with boost levels above 14 psi I'll be a happy camper, if it carries to 22 psi I'll be ecstatic.

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
4,621 Posts
Vss 12v solved! Bent pin that wasn't connecting. BUT it drops out randomly now, mostly its good til 120 mph, it throws code 17 and sets check engine code for vss, this might be exacerbated by the newly incorporated 1.5° cam retard, aiming for a bit of carried over peak power, (it didnt work). If any one has verified data to support the 1.7l stroke at higher rpm i'd like to see it*.
Current plans are pointing towards 1.7l stroke, 75.5mm bore, decked block, milled y8 head, 05-11 rdx vftufbo, and a set of something around 700cc e-85 injectors. I hope I'm not cutting it too close to efficient specs, but time will tell.
End goal is 40 mpg on e-85, if I see 40 mpg with boost levels above 14 psi I'll be a happy camper, if it carries to 22 psi I'll be ecstatic.
vss so much GeerrRRRh!

engine plans sound friggn' noms ,,normal cam ?jimmy a roller in there .."compression"?better be dished..
not sure how btw cool turbo choice it well it will carry on a 1.7 ,
when I ran it back then it was wg hose removed and full open vft 24psi at around 4000 and by 7500 it was around 19,as best my memory could be hazy exaggeration ,I know the numbers are written on here someplace in time,,

might yur gonna need to different up the vft scheme to electric to have more control of turbine area/ over speed ,,

I have never found a usable vft core at pik'n'pul ,2.3l is to much displacement and if the vft stops working the turbo won;t last long before it explodes ..
this is a unique turbo in the tdo4hl line center section and turbine are not interchangeable with the rest of them.
I did find a few diesel engines that use a similar frame but what I saw the compressor was closer to a 13t but it did have not sure of details a stepper motor style vft actuator.

·
Formerly weebeastie
2,008 Posts
I get 35 in the wagon with a gt28rs :)

Highway of course, and its pretty well maxed at 18psi

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
So as a parent of 2 deaf children that both have cochlear implants, I have to ask......
Cochlear implant is still an option for mine, but she just uses hearing aids. she had already had 11 brain surgeries before we found out for certain she was profoundly bilateraly deaf, so it wasn't something we wanted to jump on at the time, and as of now she isn't interested. She will be doing more mainstream classes next year though, so she might start thinking about it more.

·
Formerly weebeastie
2,008 Posts
Cochlear implant is still an option for mine, but she just uses hearing aids. she had already had 11 brain surgeries before we found out for certain she was profoundly bilateraly deaf, so it wasn't something we wanted to jump on at the time, and as of now she isn't interested. She will be doing more mainstream classes next year though, so she might start thinking about it more.
If you ever have questions about CI's, let me know. I have two children that are bilaterally implanted. Older one doesn't know much sign, and was implanted at 2. Younger knows a lot more sign and was not implanted until almost 4.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
So it's been about a week and 800 miles on the new tires, and I'm once again impressed with Falken's all season sport offering. Smooth, quiet, and sticky on dry pavement, and good lord do they grab when it's wet, as I found out this morning in the rain. If you are looking for an all season high treadwear tire, look no further, the ze960 is what you are after.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
The recent rain highlighted a few areas that need work on Trixie, namely weather proofing. After 4 days of pretty steady down pour the spare was sitting in water about 2 inches deep and the carpet was completely soaked from front to rear, to where if I poked it a small puddle would form. Seems to be passenger front door weather stripping, and bad install on the windshield for the interior leaks, but not real sure how the water is getting into the trunk, that seems to be sealed, even with me in the trunk blasting the smoke machine against the weather strip I get no leakage😕

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI, 95 Civic HB CX
2,668 Posts
The recent rain highlighted a few areas that need work on Trixie, namely weather proofing. After 4 days of pretty steady down pour the spare was sitting in water about 2 inches deep and the carpet was completely soaked from front to rear, to where if I poked it a small puddle would form. Seems to be passenger front door weather stripping, and bad install on the windshield for the interior leaks, but not real sure how the water is getting into the trunk, that seems to be sealed, even with me in the trunk blasting the smoke machine against the weather strip I get no leakage😕
Taillight seals?

Rear inner fender cab vent flaps stuck open? Letting water splash up from wheel well into trunk? Seen some crazy spiderwebs lol

Does it have a sunroof? If so, could those drains be stopped up? Or maybe the drain hoses disconnected from the drain port fittings due to age/dry rot?

I get in the car with a friend hosing the car down, like just letting the hose run free, full laminar flow out onto the car for lots of water weight and volume to really find its way into leak points. Then listen from inside the car and bring a flashlight to inspect :)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I hadn't thought to check the tail light seals, but I had checked the flappers back there and they seem to be sealing. No sunroof on this one, but im pretty sure the windshield and passenger door are the culprits for the cabin leaks. Thanks for the ideas 💡 💡 💡 of what to check.
Going to be fun replacing the weather stripping, provided I can find it all. though I may try to hold out for summer after body and paint.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
My shifter slop fix took a :poop: on me today while my daughter and her friend in the charger we lining us up for a few pulls, she screamed so hard when I missed second and the charger got by us🤣🤣🤣, she was still mad when I picked her up, but sweet 5.0l ass kicking redemption wasn't more than 2 lights and a sign away from school. I think the best forfeit is when they run that 3rd sign after realizing there is no way they can hook as hard as trixie does, and no way to get by her at a roll😁

21 - 40 of 69 Posts