Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
4,630 Posts
Cruising in traffic today, doing about 70 after a quick pull to escape the press, engine just sputters out half mile before the nearest exit🤬 muddle across 3 lanes hit the end of the off ramp, solid wall of cars🤬 some more. Get it into a parking lot, realize i have 0 for tools with me😰 but lo and behold! A harbor freight store close by! Run in grab the basics, a test light 1/4 ratchet, extensions socket set. Check out my ignition and fuel injector pulse, all good, pull the test plug on the filter, fak its dry, main relay is working so I start checking power down the line and it seems to intermittently disappear shortly after the main relay. This guy had the kill switch hidden so effectively that had his solder join not broken it would have never been noticed. Could have mentioned that when I bought it.
disaster averted and he didn't have to ask why it's running on -4 cylinders ,nice save .

· Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
4,630 Posts
Vss 12v solved! Bent pin that wasn't connecting. BUT it drops out randomly now, mostly its good til 120 mph, it throws code 17 and sets check engine code for vss, this might be exacerbated by the newly incorporated 1.5° cam retard, aiming for a bit of carried over peak power, (it didnt work). If any one has verified data to support the 1.7l stroke at higher rpm i'd like to see it*.
Current plans are pointing towards 1.7l stroke, 75.5mm bore, decked block, milled y8 head, 05-11 rdx vftufbo, and a set of something around 700cc e-85 injectors. I hope I'm not cutting it too close to efficient specs, but time will tell.
End goal is 40 mpg on e-85, if I see 40 mpg with boost levels above 14 psi I'll be a happy camper, if it carries to 22 psi I'll be ecstatic.
vss so much GeerrRRRh!

engine plans sound friggn' noms ,,normal cam ?jimmy a roller in there .."compression"?better be dished..
not sure how btw cool turbo choice it well it will carry on a 1.7 ,
when I ran it back then it was wg hose removed and full open vft 24psi at around 4000 and by 7500 it was around 19,as best my memory could be hazy exaggeration ,I know the numbers are written on here someplace in time,,

might yur gonna need to different up the vft scheme to electric to have more control of turbine area/ over speed ,,

I have never found a usable vft core at pik'n'pul ,2.3l is to much displacement and if the vft stops working the turbo won;t last long before it explodes ..
this is a unique turbo in the tdo4hl line center section and turbine are not interchangeable with the rest of them.
I did find a few diesel engines that use a similar frame but what I saw the compressor was closer to a 13t but it did have not sure of details a stepper motor style vft actuator.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts