Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Formerly weebeastie
2,075 Posts
End goal is 40 mpg on e-85, if I see 40 mpg with boost levels above 14 psi I'll be a happy camper, if it carries to 22 psi I'll be ecstatic.
I get 35 in the wagon with a gt28rs :)

Highway of course, and its pretty well maxed at 18psi

· Formerly weebeastie
2,075 Posts
Cochlear implant is still an option for mine, but she just uses hearing aids. she had already had 11 brain surgeries before we found out for certain she was profoundly bilateraly deaf, so it wasn't something we wanted to jump on at the time, and as of now she isn't interested. She will be doing more mainstream classes next year though, so she might start thinking about it more.
If you ever have questions about CI's, let me know. I have two children that are bilaterally implanted. Older one doesn't know much sign, and was implanted at 2. Younger knows a lot more sign and was not implanted until almost 4.

· Formerly weebeastie
2,075 Posts
I ran 14:1 on Felpro MLS head gaskets back in the day. Never had one issue.

Two suggestions:

1). Copper Spray the thing before you install it (I know it has the blue coating, I didn't care, I've always copper sprayed them and never had an issue).

2). Quit dickin around and tune it, or allow one us to tune it with/for you.

· Formerly weebeastie
2,075 Posts
I did use the copper spray this time, though it wasn't an issue on this motor before, the last felpro went 120k or so and took abuse for 3 years, though that did have a demon and wideband at the time, wasn't until a few months of running it untuned that it went, also had fpr and kill switch issues im sure helped it along.
I need to pick up an s300, had one sitting for the car, had to sell it, ordered another, sold it, so now just need to order another, lol. Probably am going to need some pointers on smanager, I've been leaving tuning to others for so long im sure stuff looks different now.
Well, you don't have to go so deep as S300 for it to just work, and work well. You can get a chipped obd1 ECU, download HTS, and we can walk you through it. It's actually quite simple if you have a strong mechanical background as you do. You already understand the need for fuel and timing as throttle position (air intake) changes. You also likely understand how air temperature and coolant temperature (and their associated sensors) can effect a tune. Then its just logging, and timing and fuel adjustments in the tables. And you'll likely pick up a lot of power in the mid range if it's done right.

· Formerly weebeastie
2,075 Posts
Good point, might be moot on race car for a bearing noise review lol. and no going spherical is still on my to do haha. Got all parts from PCI, but still waiting to install. I want to do RTAs at the track for a "before and after", but I'll have camber and toe installed before.

@Soul Engineering's got full rear spherical in his CRX, curious how many more miles he's put on em since install? Might not yet be enough for a feels review quite yet :)
They are noisy on dirt/gravel roads. Other than that, they are magical. I’ll deal with the noise, they are as smooth as glass. I’ll never run Poly again. Ever. Maybe rubber on a bone stock car, but the wagon will be getting them as well when I have the money/time to do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts