Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
93 Civic HB SI, 95 Civic HB CX
2,830 Posts
Im sorry about your troubles, but I was dying laughing when you said:

"A few things were stolen, mostly stupid stuff, brake pads, fuses, light bulbs, a couple motor mounts..."

Those fucking crackheads lmao haha. Who trashes a car in a hole, in the desert, then has time to take the brake pads and, not all, but some, motor mounts hahahaha.

Fucking retards hahaha.

· Registered
2,830 Posts
Cruising in traffic today, doing about 70 after a quick pull to escape the press, engine just sputters out half mile before the nearest exit🤬 muddle across 3 lanes hit the end of the off ramp, solid wall of cars🤬 some more. Get it into a parking lot, realize i have 0 for tools with me😰 but lo and behold! A harbor freight store close by! Run in grab the basics, a test light 1/4 ratchet, extensions socket set. Check out my ignition and fuel injector pulse, all good, pull the test plug on the filter, fak its dry, main relay is working so I start checking power down the line and it seems to intermittently disappear shortly after the main relay. This guy had the kill switch hidden so effectively that had his solder join not broken it would have never been noticed. Could have mentioned that when I bought it.
This is how experienced techs diagnose on the fly folks, take notes :)

Good stuff! Glad your back on the road! I could definitely see a kill switch being a good idea in Cali. Are civics still some of the most stolen cars out there?

You would think the seller would have said something lol. Maybe he didnt even know? Or it was so well hidden even he forgot about it haha.

Enough time, beers (or insert substances of preference), and age, i'd forget i had a kill switch too lol

· Registered
2,830 Posts
The recent rain highlighted a few areas that need work on Trixie, namely weather proofing. After 4 days of pretty steady down pour the spare was sitting in water about 2 inches deep and the carpet was completely soaked from front to rear, to where if I poked it a small puddle would form. Seems to be passenger front door weather stripping, and bad install on the windshield for the interior leaks, but not real sure how the water is getting into the trunk, that seems to be sealed, even with me in the trunk blasting the smoke machine against the weather strip I get no leakage😕
Taillight seals?

Rear inner fender cab vent flaps stuck open? Letting water splash up from wheel well into trunk? Seen some crazy spiderwebs lol

Does it have a sunroof? If so, could those drains be stopped up? Or maybe the drain hoses disconnected from the drain port fittings due to age/dry rot?

I get in the car with a friend hosing the car down, like just letting the hose run free, full laminar flow out onto the car for lots of water weight and volume to really find its way into leak points. Then listen from inside the car and bring a flashlight to inspect :)

· Registered
2,830 Posts
Thinking of going spherical, adjustable upper and link arm in the rear, seems like the tech should be far enough along that some mid-high range price options should be able to keep noise to a minimum while offerring a non binding adjustable length support and link. I'd love to hear some reviews of pertinent parts right now as I'm buzzed and shopping🤪
For the civic?

PCI Racing 100% :)

· Registered
2,830 Posts
They are in my wish list, along with 7 others, lol. Have you hit the road yet? Remember mines a dd, bearing hum when the bearings are fine is going to drive me bat💩
Good point, might be moot on race car for a bearing noise review lol. and no going spherical is still on my to do haha. Got all parts from PCI, but still waiting to install. I want to do RTAs at the track for a "before and after", but I'll have camber and toe installed before.

@Soul Engineering's got full rear spherical in his CRX, curious how many more miles he's put on em since install? Might not yet be enough for a feels review quite yet :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts