Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, how do we maximize power on this D16Z6 config and how much HP would it make at the crank? i'll start with the intake and work my way out the rear.

1) AEM CAIv2
2) Stock Throttle body
3) Stock FI/Intake except for 1" port matching
4) Walbro Fuel Pump
5) Any Spark Plug/Ignition/Coil/ECU programming (within stock ECU housing)
6) Any cam except valve lift restricted to .500"
7) Intake/Exhuast port matching on the head
8) Any Ignition timing, probably 16 degrees
9) Any ferrious Vales, valve guides, retainers, springs
10) Any cam gear
11) Otherwise stock head, no milling
12) First overbore (+.25mm) JE or other 12.0-12.5 c/r pistons
13) Any rings
14) ARP Rod bolts of course
15) Lighten and balanced Stock connecting rods
16) Lighten and balanced stock crank
17) Stock lightened flywheel 8 lbs, if possible...?
18) Unorthodox Racing pulley (no PS)
19) DC sports 4-1 Racing header
20) 2.5" custom straight pipes

I failed to mention...

21) Any oil
22) Any radiator
23) Any reasonable temp thermostat

·
Registered
406 Posts
i say a million gazillion.

or how about you actually buy all that crap, take it to a dyno, then come back here and answer that question yourself :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay it's not trivia question... I have never setup this up nor was I ready to tell you turbo guys what it could do with a NA Z6. (brag brag brag.. NO)

Honestly, it's a hypothetical engine build question. The specs are for a SCCA E-Production D16Z6 motor.

As a point of reference, a AEM cold air intake, a good ECU program, street pulley and 4-1 header can make ~140 HP on a first overbore D16Z6 w/o any other internal or head mods.

The question is theoritical if anything. As proud D owners, I wanted to see what we could dream up w/o building it ... at least not just yet.

Plus I don't have the $$. So, let's start dreaming.

·
Registered
406 Posts
so there mr wizard, you just answered your own question, somewhere between 140-160hp, depending on elevation, fuel octaine.,bla bla bla bla.

W

·
0 Posts
martyr1391 said:
If it were only that easy...

I thought I was on the best forum on the planet with members that had a ton of experience.

Maybe I was wrong... :roll:

Maybe I'll take the thread to NA guys. :alky:
are you serious......wow your askin a stupid question. why don't you do it and then stop saying what if.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
dh-racing is known for fucking up a lot of people shit and taking 4 months for a pnp head, have fun...... and if I would guess your hp to the wheels I would say 140-150 tops.......

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Or just pushing really hard to just make a sale...

OR they might know what they are talking about. :wink:

no offense, but most d owners that want serious HP don't build NA motors, they add simply turbo's. Tuning turbo is a project/art in itself. So, it doesn't seem that anyone has much experience in this NA area. That's fine.

I also noticed that most Honda owners that drive in E Production drive a Prelude VTEC-S or the base Prelude model. It's obvious why, considering since a NA H22 or H23 would achieve higher output relative to the SCCA production specs than a D-series. Even if the Civic is lighter, the Prelude would achieve higher weight to horsepower ratio under the limit of the rules.

Achieving high HP from a NA engine like the d-series is probably an art in itself though. If I have the $$ and the inclination, I would be more than happy to try and "brag" (...really, it's a not big freaken deal) as some "mature" contributors on the thread have suggested. GROW UP!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MyblkVTEC said:
dh-racing is known for fucking up a lot of people shit and taking 4 months for a pnp head, have fun...... and if I would guess your hp to the wheels I would say 140-150 tops.......
Thanks for the advice. You are the first person I've noticed to speak negatively about dh-racing.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
give it time my friend, there are a lot of dh bashers on here, just trying to save u time and money, I like exospeed.com I've heard great things about them....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts