Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I race on a circle track 1/3 mile and was woundering without blowing up my wallet or refinancing my mortgage, what cheap, discreet secrets does anyone have to bolster my d16z6 1993 civic ex.. motor.. it has to be stock appearance. The tech guys would kick me off the track. Thanx Todd

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
bigger valves, port the bowls, port the intake manifold runners, chipped ecu with a tune. That should go under the radar.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just for your info I finished second last week and a third this week. If I had more motor or rpms I would beat a prelude, but instead he got me with his power. Handling or the driving is fine. its the tourque and power. I need alittle more.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Everything has to be stock for the year make model of the car, there fore everything I do has to be sneaky, I have done this so far, Mild cam, ecu chipped ( which if they decide to pull the ecu they will find it ) lowering springs 2inches, I need to get the rev limiter bypassed, I had the computer to turn on the vtec at 4300 and forgot to disable the rev limiter, thats it. I run 185 60 14 and a 195 on the right front. i am also looking to get a different third gear for my tranny, gear ratio 1.346, that should help some. thanx

·
Registered
Red EG
189 Posts
under your hood look under the fuse box. on the 93 ex chassis they made a "fast" button that honda never told anyone about b/c of warranty issues. enjoy.
does my dx have that? (lol)

just take off your IM and grind out the insides a bit. make everything nice'n'wide and smooth as hell. should go pretty quick.

definitely agree with high comp pistons. d16z6 + ycp p29s + mild cam = tits

also consider a grippier clutch, but don't mess with the flywheel. honda d16z6 rotating assemblies are balanced with the stock flywheel AND crank pulley. leave em stock or you'll mash bearings sooner rather than later.

would it be possible to hide a propane cannister in the front right airbox in the bumper? do ittt......

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Balance the rotating assembly.
Run on the loose side of speck on clearances. (rods, mains)
Stroke it bore it.
High comp pistons.
Mill the head a lot ads comp.
Cam upgrade + rev it higher.
Light weight flywheel.
Port and polish. head, intake, exhaust manifold
Bigger valves.
Chipped ecu + tune
You can change gears in the trans or get a lsd diff or change diff gears.
You may be able to sneak a bigger honda tb that looks the same.
Ditch ac, power steering, any extra weight..............

"honda d16z6 rotating assemblies are balanced with the stock flywheel AND crank pulley. leave em stock or you'll mash bearings sooner rather than later."

If you rebalance the rotating assembly it will be fine.

·
Registered
95 hatch
1,104 Posts
get a d-series sticker adds like 5 hp......i got a y7 and i never knew i had vtec till i put the sticker on!
No way dude! I've been looking for some extra hp without spending a shit load of money, where can i find these so called "d-series" stickers?

Anyways.

is it actually a circle track or more like an oval? With shorter gears you can get outa the turn quicker if its an oval. i think?

Thats how it works in forza 2 for me = \

·
Registered
873 Posts
mill, multi-angle valve job, discreet bowl work, 1.346 3rd, tune out the ignition and fuel maps to squeeze out torque.

imho raising the rev limit will be risky. it's one the first thing a tech would try to find out during scrutineering...

..well, as far as ours are concerned here - esp in production class.

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
under your hood look under the fuse box. on the 93 ex chassis they made a "fast" button that honda never told anyone about b/c of warranty issues. enjoy.

lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts