Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
2009 Civic Si Sedan
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
D-series brethren,

This Aug. 4th I will be participating in a triathlon to help raise money for the camp I attended when I was in school. If you would like to help me raise money, please visit the Camps webpage. » 2019 Covenant Point Triathlon Fundraiser Covenant Point Bible Camp ? Christian camp for all ages in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan The money raised helps with the family camp that is focused on families with children that have Autism. » Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Family Camp Covenant Point Bible Camp ? Christian camp for all ages in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan

I have been working out for the past 2 years trying to get into better shape, one of my goals I set for myself was to finish the triathlon, and try not to suck at it.
There are instructions on how to donate on the website. You can donate with my screen name, I am friends with most of the camp crew they can figure it out, or PM me for my real name. You will need to use my name for the donation process.
If you would like more information, or just to ask me questions about it, feel free to PM me.

Thank you to anyone that helps, and wish me luck.

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
2009 Civic Si Sedan
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I finished in 14th place for the full triathlon, that is a 1/2 mile swim, 25 miles bike, and 6.3 mile run. There might have only been 14 total people taking part in the full length, but I was able to finish and that was my main goal. I would say not too bad for someone that two years ago was over 250# and 35 years old.
The swim was the killer. I was able to make up some time on the bike but nowhere near enough to compete with the others. The run was fun, about a mile was on trails through the woods, I am probably low on blood now from the mosquitoes. I am also not a runner, so I lost the time I made up on the bike.
Between the full length, sprint, teams, and 5k run/walkers, we were able to raise $8000+ for the ASD family camp, and money is still coming in.
Some of the people that competed, were on triathlon bikes that cost more than most of our cars. There were two other guys in the cabin I was staying in, one had about a $5000 carbon framed bike, the other guy had an aluminum bike with carbon rims that were about $1500 each and electronic shifters, and here I am with a second-hand road bike worth about $200. I also forgot my water bottles I had just bought the other day, so I had to buy a bright purple one from the dollar store, thank God, they had one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts