Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
civic,maxima
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,
i've been creeping on here for a while now. i guess it time to come out from hiding.

ive been playing with b series for a while now and i got bored and picked up a 95 del sol si. i love the car and wanted to build it..

motor set up:
d16z6 long block
sf vitara pistons 75.5 w/ teflon skirts p2w 0.0025
eagle rods
acl bearings
stock mains
oem pumps
fully balanced and polished z6 crank with pully
9lb fly wheel
skunk2 intake mani with 70mm throttle body.
stock trans

i'm picking up some d2 rs coilovers this week.

i'm going for 320-350whp or be faster then my brother fully bolted evo on 25psi.
i have some pictures posted up later this week. but i just wanted to stop being a creep and say hello and show you guys my build.

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Also you forgot to mention all the little details like turbo, manifold, map sensor, piping, intercooler, bov, wg, vac log manifold, pcv situation, engine management, tuning, its really not that cheap to boost a car, especially reliably. Awd evo will eat you up over and over off the line. 25psi is not that much on those low compression engines, depending on the turbo. On your own engine stick with lower boost more compression on forged pistons of course...

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
a fully bolted evo should be in the 11's, you're gonna need some slicks and some damned good driving to get a del slo there with only 320whp

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
what the fuck?

I thought we at DSO had squashed the bullshit of saying shit like "running 25psi"

On what damn turbo? If you have a stock EVO-X turbo magiclaly running 30psi problem free, I can find a big enough turbo to run at 5psi that would eat it for lunch and spit out its bones.

I like del sols. Make me proud. I loved my 93 white bastard. Surprised a HELL of a lot of the ricer kids around me when I was running a simple 150whp all motor d15 that still managed low 15s and high 14s.

transmission gearing will be your best friend in that pig of a civ...er del sol! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts