1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic Coupe
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would you pick?
for a dd

the s/c is TRD unit that provides this output on a toyota 1.6 inline four engine;

Boost: MAX 12psi. Good for additional 55-65WHP.
3 PSI at 1000 RPM in 5th gear
6 PSI at 2000 RPM
7 PSI at 3000 RPM
8 PSI at 4000 RPM
8 PSI at 5000 RPM
8.25 PSI at 6000 RPM
8.5 PSI at 7500 RPM
RPM to speed ratio (ideal): 129.6 RPM = 1 MPH in 2nd gear.

other info on the s/c.........

Toyota TRD SC-12 1200cc Roots type supercharger. This is a Roots blower with a 12Volt connector for the electronic clutch drive. Good for a small inline 4 or 6 1.5L to 3.0L

The supercharger is a roots type unit. The gears are run in Toyota supercharger oil, Toyota part number 08885-80108. The lubricant used is 90 synthetic. Total gear housing capacity is 130ml.

Min. Mods Required: FPR required for 1.5LBs of fuel to every 1PSI of boost to eliminate potential detonation.

the nitrous setup...

a NOS 50 shot wet setup.......

from what i understand.. the s/c being an electronically controlled clutch type.. . can be 'switched on and off'?????????

id imagine the s/c better for all round daily driver with a lil more pep in the step.. whereas the nitrous would be a 'smoke em' *arms nitrous and beats a ferrari* sorta thing wth massive torque figures... but in the end putting more strain on the engine/gearbox...........

so...

which would YOU pick and WHY and which do you think I should get?

i am just lookin to beat up some turbo 'talkers' and the like.....

both are the same price.. equivalent ~$500US when converted from TT dollars.........................

thanks for your opinion......

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'd do both, if given the chance.

Maybe, adding a progressive controller to the Nitrous setup. It will lessen clutch/transmission fatigue fo sure.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Are you going to run that on a Toyota engine or a Honda? It won't work very well on a B or D-series, as our engines turn the opposite direction...

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,796 Posts
Are you going to run that on a Toyota engine or a Honda? It won't work very well on a B or D-series, as our engines turn the opposite direction...
Wanna debate that issue?????

Really.....

How about adding a second JRSC after the first blower, intercooler, and 35 shot "cooling" N2O charge.

I have a D15B crank for a reason.....that reason is triple charging.

In the memory of Tom "Pops" Wakeling, the father of Tim the stick who was the brain child of the AKSC, who is being laid to rest this weekend after almost 6 years of fighting cancer, I will proceed.

The regulars might have noticed my lack of postings in the past two weeks....I have a desire to fulfill to "Pops".........

Hotrodding must never die!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wanna debate that issue?????

Really.....

How about adding a second JRSC after the first blower, intercooler, and 35 shot "cooling" N2O charge.

I have a D15B crank for a reason.....that reason is triple charging.

In the memory of Tom "Pops" Wakeling, the father of Tim the stick who was the brain child of the AKSC, who is being laid to rest this weekend after almost 6 years of fighting cancer, I will proceed.

The regulars might have noticed my lack of postings in the past two weeks....I have a desire to fulfill to "Pops".........

Hotrodding must never die!

1) can you please elaborate on triple charging.

2) can the Toyota sc intended for clockwise running engines be used on Hondas through idlers' installation.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Bone I thought it was your feedback in the past that the loss of efficiency when counter-rotating a SC just wasn't worth the effort?

Edit: I think it was actually a comment from Endyn...

A number of our customers are spinning clock-wise Eaton's backward, and
while the efficiency isn't as high, they still provide good bang-per-buck.​

I'd be really curious to know just how much loss in efficiency there is CCW rotating a M62 SC designed for CW rotation.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Triple charging, im guessing is Twin-Charging/Compound supercharging with nitrous. Twin charging is a turbo or supercharger blowing into a supercharger(there was an article about it in an old SCC magazine; they tried it on their MR2)

You can probably use some sort of gear system to fix the rotating direction. You don't want to use an idler gear unless it's on the "teeth" side of the belt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts