Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, Was Just Wondering If Anybody Knows Whats Up With This? I Had A New Clutch Put In About 350 Miles Ago When I Noticed The Stock One Slippin Like Hell. So I Figured It Was The Clutch. Replaced It, Then Within About 100 Miles I Noticed Its Still Slippin.
I'm Totally Outta Ideas. It Said To Break It In For 500 Miles And Ive Been Very Gentle Can Anybody Share There Wisdom...would Be Greatly Appreceited. Thanks In Advance!

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
you need to break the clutch in... it's possible that you glazed the surface and it just won't grab at all. (just like breaking in brake pads)

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
oh just noticed you were breaking it in.

my clutch slipped after I washed my engine bay. Some soapy water got in there and I had to wait until it dried out and i burned off all the soapy residue. Also, maybe you have oil leaking inside your transmission... or you got the flywheel oily when you replaced it. ??

S

·
0 Posts
put the transmission in a high gear 4th would be good, clutch depressed rev the engine to about 3000rpm slowly let the clutch out if the engine stalls to clutch is not slipping or not enough to be concerned about but it the engine does not stall you have a clutch issues...

·
D-series WTF?!?!
3,674 Posts
if there nothing else that this guys didn't work well there two think i could think of or three.
1) it could be a mushy motor mount or support, Inspectect them they could be broken.
2) you either have a cable or hydro pedal if it cable it could be a worn thread or bad adjustments. no if it's Hydro u have to bleed the fluid u may have air in the system (U MAY HAVE AIR REMEMBER MAY)
3) if nothing else works that i can't think of anything else AT THE MOMENT

GOOD LUCK I HOPE IT AIN'T WORST

S

·
0 Posts
put the transmission in a high gear 4th would be good, clutch depressed rev the engine to about 3000rpm slowly let the clutch out if the engine stalls to clutch is not slipping or not enough to be concerned about but it the engine does not stall you have a clutch issues...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts