Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a transmission scatter shield for the D-series trannys? I've searched and only found b,k,h series shields. I know that the b-seres blankets work on the d-series, but I would rather have something like the golden eagle shield that looks good. Does anybody know of any? I would really appriciate it.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
i would like to know the same thing

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
They were for every series except D-series...WTF! Thanks for the fast response, know of any other ones?
Ya just did some digging on their website and came up dry. Couldn't find anyplace else either...

You might tryin contacting Go autoworks just to see if they'd be interested in fabing you one up.

For that matter you may be able to grab a welder and some angle iron and make one for cheap-ish.

·
Registered
98 dx sedan
895 Posts

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Noob Question: WTF are they for?!? Where do they go?!? and how do they work??

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
Noob Question: WTF are they for?!? Where do they go?!? and how do they work??
They go around where the tranny bolts up to the block. It's to protect if your flywheel or some shit shatters that it doesn't fuck your car off like that dude in the youtube video. Search B-series scattershields on google.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
They go around where the tranny bolts up to the block. It's to protect if your flywheel or some shit shatters that it doesn't fuck your car off like that dude in the youtube video. Search B-series scattershields on google.
I did... ok cool. Ya i was looking at it like where does this go.... so it strength adder for your bell housing correct?

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
No it's a safety device(hence the "shield" part); prevents shrapnel from flying everywhere(not just from the car but also the track/spectators/driver) and IIRC drag strips require it for certain classes.

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You need one for anything faster than 11.99 on a 1/4 mile. I might just get the blanket, but I just spent hours making my transmission look so fresh I don't want to cover it up, and it's a little bit of a pain to install with everything in the car. I really don't want to make my own, because the tech inspectors wouldn't approve. There is alot of videos of the the flywheel and clutch exploding, but only happens if you have a stock or cheap ebay flywheel that is reving really high, like over 9K, or if you have a shit-load of power. If you get a SFI-certified flywheel and maybe some ARP flywheel bolts, and follow the limits of the flywheel and clutch this will never happen to you.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Damn... makes me wanna off my egay XTD stage 2 and my F-1 Flywheel......

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
You need one for anything faster than 11.99 on a 1/4 mile.
i dont think so. might want to check up on that rule...

Damn... makes me wanna off my egay XTD stage 2 and my F-1 Flywheel......

dont worry you will need to replace the clutch once u start making any decent power anyways. f1 and xtd are junk.

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's true NHRA rules are 11.99 or quicker, but if you just go on a testntune day they won't really look that hard. It's only if your track is really hard core or if you are at a NHRA event. Anyother time they don't look, they mostly look for rollcages, helmets, they usually won't look at the tranny. Here at Pacific raceways in WA, they are anal sometimes even during test n tune.

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
NHRA:

Hot Rod class: All applications using a clutch must be equipped with a transmission blanket/shield.

All Motor class: All FWD or transverse-mounted applications using a clutch and running quicker than 11.99 must be equipped with a transmission blanket/shield.

Street Stock: All cars using a clutch and running quicker than a 11.49 or faster than 135mph must be equipped with a transmission blanket/shield.

Sport FWD: All cars using a clutch and running quicker than a 11.49 or faster than 135mph must be equipped with a transmission blanket/shield.

Check with BOTI, IDRC and NDRA for exact rules for each class.

Most sanctioning bodies usually require Transmission Blanket/Shields for vehicles running quicker than 10.99 and/or 135mph.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts