Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just want to know that, is a S40 gear short ratio or long ratio?? and what about a S20? which one has shorter gears if installed in a d15b dual vtec with P2j ecu??

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where should i look for the code...where is the fill plug..??
i'll take picture of the transmission and then upload it, where do i have to look for the codes?? i only know its S40..

·
Registered
Civic/92Achieva H.O.
1,240 Posts
above the pass side drive shaft close to the firewall, on the side of the case is a dime size circle , in that circle if it say Booo then you have a close ratio/ex trans , the others are the loooong geared dx/lx trans

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,433 Posts
above the pass side drive shaft close to the firewall, on the side of the case is a dime size circle , in that circle if it say Booo then you have a close ratio/ex trans , the others are the loooong geared dx/lx trans
unless he has a HX tranny, large bearing B000, but shitty 3.722 FD and crap ratios.

Work on my first on this week. I only paid $50 for it, mainly for the case as it was in great shape.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Once you get used to the transmission changing gears smoothly, you will surely notice even the slightest change when the unit performs undesirably. Do not hesitate or wait for later, visit your mechanic as soon as possible and tell him of the change. It could be something very minor that can be solved immediately. Ignoring it may result in this small problem getting bigger and in turn involving more components. This in time can lead to major malfunctioning resulting in the requirement of a total overhaul. What could have been solved in a few dollars will now cost you a great deal more. This will also require precious time, so you will have to do without your car for a few days. Always be alert and wise. The moment you notice or feel something amiss, get professional advice immediately. This applies not only for your automatic vehicles transmission, but to absolutely any vehicle, and absolutely any component. Remember: Once you notice even the smallest of problems in your vehicle, get it solved immediately. The more you delay solving the problem, the deeper will the hole in your pocket get!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have pictures

sorry guys i was away for some time, internet was down in my area for a few days...
i was busy too in some other stuff so i couldnt get the pictures and upload them.. i have read the post replies and will check the codes in the morning.. for now i have some pictures so that you guys can identify something through the pictures...let me know what does these things mean which is written on various places on the engine...i have picture of the ECU too.
the pictures are of block rite above the exuast manifold, one picture is of the back side of the throttle body. P2j is written on both places...???

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts