Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I use the stock d16z6 transmission box and put in it LSD .I need to hold 500 hp?? I want my car to make 300 km/h

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
1,831 Posts
i hope your from europe, and also on the autobahn. other wise please dont. some people value their lives and also may have kids on the streets (either with them or driving on their own)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I value my life and other's too......Of course that i will drive only on autobahns and drag tracks with this car.
Please if anyone can answer my tranny question?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
92-95 DX 1-2 and 4.058 FD, CRX 3-4-5, 8500 rpms on 23" tire = 186 mph.

BTW I have that same gearing except 3.722 FD in a tranny for the mile speed runs, we don't plan on using 4th gear :)

·
Registered
962 Posts
i bet your engine wont last too long on autobahn no matter how well tuned it is. it might be fast but for how long?

small displacement highly stressted d16 vs AMG conservatively tuned NA v8? on an endurance race? think about it. transmission is least of your concern.

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
Yeah, and you have no idea how much stress any engine at that power level at those RPMs and for the length of time it takes to get up to those speeds.

Any honda is not going to be naturally stable at those speeds. Aero and suspension are way more important than worrying about the transmission.

·
Scammer
322 Posts
I'm going to have to agree, the amount of "stress" on a little 1.6l motor doing 180mph+ would be very high and Honestly I think unsafe, 2,400 pounds cars doing 180+ would be dangerous but each his own... the higher end "supercars" are loaded with weight top of the line aero,suspension to keep them stable at such high rate of speeds.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
He would need to have custom fully adjustable areo in order to safely handle those speeds. Even then that would be pushing it unless he's running the Salt flats. Oh and Bisi is runnign the s20 trans with an LSD on his 750 hp z6 motor so I think you'll be fine. as long as you aren't trying to roast the tires every time you launch you should be ok. plus what kind of rpm's are we looking at here? must be in the plus 9,000 range to effectively use the gears at those speeds. no Honda engine was designed to handle that much sustained stress. Unless you count their F1 motors. which are torn down pretty much every race and rebuilt

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
750 HP on a mostly stock transmission for a car that MAYbe sees 750HP for less than 2 seconds is NOT the same as full power for 5+ minutes. You guys don't seem to have a clue about wtf it takes to run cars at those speeds without grenading. Heck, I only know a little bit about it, and the thought of taking a civic-based vehicle to those speeds is seriously terrifying.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
At top speeds, when you are using 100% of your power to overcome the the wind. The teeth of those gears have all of that power pushing on them trying to break them. Wind will actually be why you are slowing down. That is what limits things like 1000HP cars like the veyron. The wind is THICK man. LIke yogurt

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
750 HP on a mostly stock transmission for a car that MAYbe sees 750HP for less than 2 seconds is NOT the same as full power for 5+ minutes. You guys don't seem to have a clue about wtf it takes to run cars at those speeds without grenading. Heck, I only know a little bit about it, and the thought of taking a civic-based vehicle to those speeds is seriously terrifying.
yes it is. I see your logic on running that much power on stock tranny. and its stupid to assume that you can run 180+ MPH in a Civic. The only car I see coming close is the NSX and thats pushing it

1 - 20 of 44 Posts