Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i top off my tranny fluid with motor oil? i have 10w-30...

cervan never answered my text :) puto :wacko:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
really? it doesnt matter if i mix with what we put in when we rebuilt? (no idea what we used)

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a small leak....havent found it yet...rebuilt the engine...not the tranny...

97dx auto...

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was eyeballing and could it be where the shift linkage goes in? my guess would be the mating of it also...

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
castrol for Imports, $5 a quart.

Might wanna post what freaking tranny you are working with in the first post....some people are getting too busy to have to read every post in a thread since failure to post info in first post.

·
Premium Member
95 Solvic, 93 dS si
694 Posts
Um no your cant use "motor oil" in your trans, you have an auto.

you need to use ATF.

And how the hell are you rebuilding motors, yet you dont know you cant put 10-30 into a AUTOMATIC trans?!?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Um no your cant use "motor oil" in your trans, you have an auto.

you need to use ATF.

And how the hell are you rebuilding motors, yet you dont know you cant put 10-30 into a AUTOMATIC trans?!?
like i said...we (cervan with my help) rebuilt the engine...i am learning as i go...never had issues with the transmission...never had to learn about it...so now i am...

thanks for the positive support...ass...

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
castrol for Imports, $5 a quart.

Might wanna post what freaking tranny you are working with in the first post....some people are getting too busy to have to read every post in a thread since failure to post info in first post.

you're right...duely noted...

·
Premium Member
95 Solvic, 93 dS si
694 Posts
I am ass, thats truth, but really man, get the owners manual and read it, then read through your repair manuals a few times. You are missing VERY common knowledge that you should know if you own a car.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts