Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions to ask.
1st, i went to the junkyard today and got me a bottom off of the engine with pistons and everything in it..its turning pretty fine. I'm going to switch my bottom off with the junkyard block, mine is a D17A2 which is v-tec and the junkyard block is D17A1, non v-tec. I know it will work because they all 1.7 4cyl. But the bracket underneath that hold the transmission to the engine is different. My car use 2 brackets and the junkyard engine use 1 (big square shape bracket) and I'm not sure if my block have the holes to accommodate the square shape bracket..so does anyone know if the square shape will work? I dont look at my engine the careful to know if it will fit..
Leather Synthetic rubber Antique

Can i use the flex hone to clean the cylinder walls since the look so dirty and reuse the old rings?

Last week when i hone my cylinders i didn't see and crosshatch, why is that? I used wd40 to lubricate the flex hone and cylinders..

just.
fucking.
stop.
Stop what?
This engine will never run again...
Why will it wont run?

Why it wont run?

just swap it already
Thanks, robgoof..this guy KNOWS he can say whatever he wants to anyone. because he knows Im soft as baby shit and wont do anything about it. if he on some other forums he would be praised for allowing my stupid ass to continue. So you have any answer for the transmission bracket that old the transmission to engine underneath the bottom?
Those two brackets on both side.

let him learn by doing ,he obviously wants to try ..I think?
No su
let him learn by doing ,he obviously want
Yes, i try to help myself all the time. Only people that doesn't want to know anything about their car or whatever they own..nothing wrong with trying..mechanic screwed me over three times and i dont want to let it happen again..the last time they disconnected my brake booster hose and i almost crash because i had no brake..plus who have money to take their car to mechanic al the time?
did you just report me

to me?

ajhhahahahahahAHAHAHAHhHAHAHhahaHAHAHAHAhahaha
You have and show no respect whatsoever..

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,289 Posts
just.
fucking.
stop.

quit while youre ahead

stop everything.

stop attempting EVERYTHING.

that includes (but not limited to) LIFE. engine builds, driving, breathing, ect.

want to see a magic trick?

I can make an asshole disappear

did you just report me

to me?

ajhhahahahahahAHAHAHAHhHAHAHhahaHAHAHAHAhahaha

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So now i can handle you..I been practicing with frozen hotdogs. I can REALLY spread wide for you now without being in too much pain.

So now i can handle you..So now i can handle you..I been practicing with frozen hotdogs. I can REALLY spread wide for you now without being in too much pain.
Drtalon123, this is not for you. Its that guy (whose title clearly states he gives no fucks) earlier yesterday..this indian looking guy. That I was being a giant pussy about.

Drtalon123, this is not for you. Its that guy (whose title clearly states he gives no fucks) earlier yesterday..this indian looking guy. That I was being a giant pussy about.
This is whom I'm referring to..

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Look, Im going to make this simple, but its going to sound dickish. But its an honest opinion, and not an attack on your character.

Part of being a mechanic is the willingness to be resourceful, thoughtful, and have the ability to conduct research and diagnostics.

Your question regarding the engine/trans brace can be looked up in a simple OEM honda parts diagram.

My viewpoint, however harsh it comes down to be viewed, is that if you cannot manage to find simple parts lists for comparisons on parts, how are you going to successfully rebuild an engine?

There is a TON of parts that if they are out of tolerance JUST a tiny bit, the whole build will blow up.

My first engine rebuild was actually 5-6 rebuilds of sorts. I made certain tolerances too tight, couldnt turn it over by hand. Installed the head without checking where the cam gear was pointing, bent a valve simply torquing the head down, the whole time wondering why the head was crooked.. Accidentally left piston rings all gapped on the same area, causing a fucking shit ton of smoke and loss of power, and my wits to meet their end for the night. Injectors accidentally plugged in backwards, burning up an ecu after doing a LOT of wiring. Over-tightened a few things, and was then forced to learn how to do a heli-coil.

I guess what I am trying to say, is start small, work your way up. Dont jump into an engine rebuild. Find a good candiate for a good refresh (like timing belt, water pump) and start there.

Learn to crawl before walking, learn to walk before running, learn to run before sprinting.

I made a shit load of mistakes over the years, and the only way I benefit is if I take a step back, figure out what happening, and make it a point not to do it again, or at least consider WHY I made that mistake.

Heck, some of my old posts on this very website make me look like a freaking ignorant clown of a punk. Bone can attest to some of that, so can Will/Slo

Take your time, and gather some resources, knowledge, and make a shit load of notes. Even if it sounds small, write it down.

Eventually, you will get to where I am today, still a green-thumbed motherfucker, but I can feel confident in starting any damn job a car or truck has to offer, with a reasonable chance of success. I have learned the HARD way several times, to take things slow, and move forward only when I have all required information.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Look, Im going to make this simple, but its going to sound dickish. But its an honest opinion, and not an attack on your character.

Part of being a mechanic is the willingness to be resourceful, thoughtful, and have the ability to conduct research and diagnostics.

Your question regarding the engine/trans brace can be looked up in a simple OEM honda parts diagram.

My viewpoint, however harsh it comes down to be viewed, is that if you cannot manage to find simple parts lists for comparisons on parts, how are you going to successfully rebuild an engine?

There is a TON of parts that if they are out of tolerance JUST a tiny bit, the whole build will blow up.

My first engine rebuild was actually 5-6 rebuilds of sorts. I made certain tolerances too tight, couldnt turn it over by hand. Installed the head without checking where the cam gear was pointing, bent a valve simply torquing the head down, the whole time wondering why the head was crooked.. Accidentally left piston rings all gapped on the same area, causing a fucking shit ton of smoke and loss of power, and my wits to meet their end for the night. Injectors accidentally plugged in backwards, burning up an ecu after doing a LOT of wiring. Over-tightened a few things, and was then forced to learn how to do a heli-coil.

I guess what I am trying to say, is start small, work your way up. Dont jump into an engine rebuild. Find a good candiate for a good refresh (like timing belt, water pump) and start there.

Learn to crawl before walking, learn to walk before running, learn to run before sprinting.

I made a shit load of mistakes over the years, and the only way I benefit is if I take a step back, figure out what happening, and make it a point not to do it again, or at least consider WHY I made that mistake.

Heck, some of my old posts on this very website make me look like a freaking ignorant clown of a punk. Bone can attest to some of that, so can Will/Slo

Take your time, and gather some resources, knowledge, and make a shit load of notes. Even if it sounds small, write it down.

Eventually, you will get to where I am today, still a green-thumbed motherfucker, but I can feel confident in starting any damn job a car or truck has to offer, with a reasonable chance of success. I have learned the HARD way several times, to take things slow, and move forward only when I have all required information.
Ok, i appreciate your information but i tried look up things online at times before i post anything. Some things i just cant get any information for online and thats why i post here. Some people act as if they dont made mistakes or done things that they shouldn't be doing and learned from mistakes they made. The transmission bracket to the engine i posted here, i looked it up online but not getting any answers to my question. Does Google have answer for everything? I dont think so or i may not asking my questions right on there as well. I even went on (honda parts now)to see if the bracket listed on there but didn't find anything so if anyone have the answer all they can do is provide it, the forum was created to help others. I get your point that you are making. I worked on this engine and tranny before with no knowledge and everything went pretty fine but yeah, i understand what you are saying.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Lets use the trans brackets as an example.

googled "oem honda parts" and clicked the link that said "majestic honda" as this is the first result that appears a dealership rather than a "parts" store.

Notice on the diagram, we have both styles of bracket, the one piece bucket and the 2 piece elbows.

Now we have the question, bolt sizes. Check the diagram, we see different part numbers for the bolts. The nice thing with honda, we also now have lengths!

The length, as far as honda shows, is the length in millimeters from the bottom of the head to the tip of the bolt.

Just that quick search alone now shows you the positions of the bolts, the lengths, the changes (now we know you would need 3-4 different bolts), and any other parts you may need.

The brackets can be figured out, as in, WHICH car has what. Well, clicking the part number on Majestic's website that I listed, we see that these "2-piece" style brackets are the same from all EX/HX civics from 1996 to 2005, covering 6th and 7th gen civics that have a manual transmission and some sort of vtec system, and we find searching the bucket style (by selecting a DX or LX civic manual in majestic) that the 1-piece bucket fits only the 2001-2005 civic DX/LX manual cars.

When you get into a rhythm of checking parts fitment like this, it becomes almost a second nature, and VASTLY improves how you find information!

It took me awhile to get this as a habit, but boy oh boy, it makes so much information even easier to attain and understand.

Heck, this parts searching mentality is exactly how people found out back in the day, that the B swaps were nearly perfectly OEM swaps down to the last bolt, in the old civics.

Reactions: robgoof

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,289 Posts
Im indian looking? hahahahahah thanks bro. I was tired of being white. btw,

Reactions: robgoof and Sam_

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lets use the trans brackets as an example.

googled "oem honda parts" and clicked the link that said "majestic honda" as this is the first result that appears a dealership rather than a "parts" store.

Notice on the diagram, we have both styles of bracket, the one piece bucket and the 2 piece elbows.

Now we have the question, bolt sizes. Check the diagram, we see different part numbers for the bolts. The nice thing with honda, we also now have lengths!

The length, as far as honda shows, is the length in millimeters from the bottom of the head to the tip of the bolt.

Just that quick search alone now shows you the positions of the bolts, the lengths, the changes (now we know you would need 3-4 different bolts), and any other parts you may need.

The brackets can be figured out, as in, WHICH car has what. Well, clicking the part number on Majestic's website that I listed, we see that these "2-piece" style brackets are the same from all EX/HX civics from 1996 to 2005, covering 6th and 7th gen civics that have a manual transmission and some sort of vtec system, and we find searching the bucket style (by selecting a DX or LX civic manual in majestic) that the 1-piece bucket fits only the 2001-2005 civic DX/LX manual cars.

When you get into a rhythm of checking parts fitment like this, it becomes almost a second nature, and VASTLY improves how you find information!

It took me awhile to get this as a habit, but boy oh boy, it makes so much information even easier to attain and understand.

Heck, this parts searching mentality is exactly how people found out back in the day, that the B swaps were nearly perfectly OEM swaps down to the last bolt, in the old civics.
Thanks a lot. I worked on my car today and I removed the engine and checked the pistons to make sure the rings were fine..all the rings were binned to the pistons. The bad thing about it is that i couldn't get new ones so i had to released them and reuse them except for one compression rings that got broke. I had no choice but to reuse them. But i know for sure i will need to change them some day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts