Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have a quick question about my transmission and clutch that I purchased for it. I have the stock 4 speed transmission in my 90 Civic hatch with the Zc swap and I put a clutchmasters competition stage 4 clutch in the 4 speed transmission. If I buy a 89-91 Si Transmission will the clutch fit in there. Thanks guys and I'm only 18 so I'm a big time noob. Thanks in advance

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
well yess and no. if it's a 88 ZC tranny no because it's has 21 spine but if it isn't then it a 20 spine like any D tranny 89-00. your best bet is bring a beat up extra clutch thats between 89-00 and put it on if it fits the you're golden but if it's a 89 the ext thing is find a mainshaft from a 89-91 cable trannt and swap the mainshaft. it's pretty simple ive done it.

so now the you have the bolt off the shaft you place them like this. it's easy..

then swap the shaft..

careful with this washer when you're putting it together is a bit soft..

now here are the diffs before i swap them from top left clock wise. ZC, Si and Dx.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't use the ZC transmission that came with the engine because we didn't have the intermediate shaft for it so we just decided to use the 4spd for then and I bought a clutch for it. So you think it will fit in the 89-91 Si transmission? The stock transmission is out of a 1990 Honda Civic Hatchback. Thanks in advance remoer!

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
well you have three option:
first do what i did which elimated all the headaches of axles and interm shaft. i took a Dx tranny case and diff, swapt 1st-5th, remove the FD and use the ZC FD on the DX diff(FD are the same 3.888FD)

second do the above but find a Si 4.250FD w/countershaft and swap countershaft and put the FD on the Dx diff. so i have a DX case, diff, ZC gearings w/a Si FD. this is what i did.

third: find a Si tranny swap the internals and ZC diff for a Si diff and countershaf. and bam. headache solve.

you need to make sure that it's all cable. i think about all your option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts