88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

just snapped some quick pics of the trans more to come in a lil bit. but any input as if its usable or not would be nice. any other pics needed i can take. now one thing is that a steel ball fell out of it when i cracked the case open. it looked like there was 2 but could only manage to come up with one. oh yea this is also the trans that was under water. the brass doesnt look to have expanded to much if at all but im in no way familiar with the insides of a trans so any help is appreciated....bone if you need clearer pics or diff angle let me know and ill get them.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
Useable, but need full strip down and flushed. Someone either ran wrong fluid or ran it low. ALL bearing will need cleaned and inspected. The black coating is a dead give away of the fluid issues. I do see some crap around 5th gear and maybe second, might be bearing cage material from the ISB.

B16 hydro tranny???? Yeah, I know.

Damn son, most of those pics are killer great!!!!! I can see the brass is in near perfect shape!!!!

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure of the fluid history being i got the whole car from a junk yard. it was a theft recovery and had been tossed into a canal atleast over night till they found it. its a y8 trans from a 00 ex. just quickly snapped the pics before i had to leave. worth fixing with new bearings and so on?

·
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sweet. guess when i get the money to get some part (gonna be awhile tho) ill be attempting to fix this trans. now gotta read up that pdf manual on the trans so i can fix it correctly..

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
I'm kicking myself for thinking it was a B trans...but then again the HUGE pics didn't help.

OK, I like the pics, but only if they weren't click-able!

Myself I would buy that tranny for $50-75 and then go through it and then list for $250. Then again my rep for doing this is spotless.

I'll admit, I've been burnt before :(

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
I'm kicking myself for thinking it was a B trans...but then again the HUGE pics didn't help.

OK, I like the pics, but only if they weren't click-able!

Myself I would buy that tranny for $50-75 and then go through it and then list for $250. Then again my rep for doing this is spotless.

I'll admit, I've been burnt before :(

·
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea the pics were big bc I wasn't sure if it would help or not n was hoping they were clear enough to see if everything was or to use. Being I got it free of cost is a plus. Now this is the 2nd trans I've ever opened and the last one was beyond help n I don't wanna ruin this one, gonna take my time n read the pdf manual and hopefully it works when I'm done with it. I hope I can get it in running condition

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
well I suggest.........starting a new thread and smaller pics next time. A very minor complaint!

Maybe try Photobucket as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts