Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry wrong section. But now that im here.Im about to get a Jackson Supercharger.Can I just slap it on the motor and go with no tuning to start with?I have a D15B motor

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
Sorry wrong section. But now that im here.Im about to get a Jackson Supercharger.Can I just slap it on the motor and go with no tuning to start with?I have a D15B motor
no, your motor will go boom if you run the jrsc with no tuning

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
you need a chipped ecu, bigger injectors, and a good tune. and avoid the fmu like the herpes. otherwise youre just buying a big grenade.

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
Where can I get a chipped ecu? Do I need one to get it tuned? How big of an injector? It does have a FMU.
xenocron is the guy to go to for ecu chipping. you can also check with a local tuner and see if the even work with crome-pro, uberdata, or whatever they prefer.
you can get either 450cc or 390cc dsm injectors. people sell them on ebay for around $50 and the should work fine for the limits of your stock bottom end.
take the fmu and either sell it or throw it away. fmu's work by increasing fuel delivery of oem injectors by increasing the fuel pressure rather than volume, it hard on injectors and hardly a precise and proper way of tunning.

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
2,915 Posts
I would suggest some reading. If it's not worth your time to research, ten it's not worth your time to do properly I suppose.

Not saying we shouldn't help you, but we can help you a lot more if you know what we're talking about.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would suggest some reading. If it's not worth your time to research, ten it's not worth your time to do properly I suppose.

Not saying we shouldn't help you, but we can help you a lot more if you know what we're talking about.
WOW, I feel very welcomed!
I know very little about hondas. I have spent the last 4 days reading all I can about them.To the point where my wife is pissed off at me.Being that its her car that im installing the JRSC on. I have read some people just slap it on and go_Others tell me its going to blow up.:confused:
Im only looking to make the car a little faster and not a drag car.

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
2,915 Posts
WOW, I feel very welcomed!
I know very little about hondas. I have spent the last 4 days reading all I can about them.To the point where my wife is pissed off at me.Being that its her car that im installing the JRSC on. I have read some people just slap it on and go_Others tell me its going to blow up.:confused:
Im only looking to make the car a little faster and not a drag car.
Not trying to be a dick, you ARE reading, so you're on the right track and you'll get more help because of that. If I knew anything about SCs I'd try to help you out, but I don't. No need to feel threatened. :TU:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
From what ive read so far,this is my conclusion.
I can use a fmu on the car with about 6psi for fuel enrichment.
No tuning needed for 6psi.
I need to change spark plugs 1 stage colder. NGK are the best choice.
I know in the future im going to up the boost but for now this will do.
Am I right?

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
IMHO
I can use a fmu on the car with about 6psi for fuel enrichment.
can you use it, yes.
should you use it, no.

it will ruin your injectors in the long run and your wife will not enjoy the carbon build up on the bumper.

No tuning needed for 6psi.
anything over 0 psi needs to be tuned. a lean condtion with any amount of boost can fry the engine.

NGK are the best choice.
they are the only choice when it comes to spark plugs for a honda :TU:

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
^^^^^^^
just like he said. even on low boost level you can nuke your motor without proper fuel management and tunning.
tunning is probably the most important part of a boosted motor.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
I would be risking it just driving it to the tuner?
yep

So how can I do this?
tow truck or (i know i am going to shoot myself in the foot for this) slap in the FMU for the ride down there. swap the injectors and pull the fmu when you get there.

again can you use the fmu, yes. should you use the fmu, no. but it will get you to the tuner, as a last resort.

if it was me, i would tow it to the tuner.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts