Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the title says lol. everything is disconnected and it goes about a half inch then stops no matter how hard i pull, wiggle etc... trying for about a half hour already and its still stuck in the engine bay damnit. do i just have to try to hit it harder somehow? i dont really want to break stuff lol. help?? stock 00 y7 tranny btw :(

·
Registered
435 Posts
pics would help

·
Registered
721 Posts
well, there is that nifty little cv cup that gets in the way if you don't pop the whole cv assembly out, that was my first mistake, I just cut the cv boot clamps off the first time I changed a clutch and just let the cvs dangle, and tryin to seperate the tranny with the cv cups still attached to the tranny was almost im-fuckin-possible. Also, good Idear to check and recheck all bolts and cables, especially the dust cover..

never mind, had a memorry lapse...

·
Registered
605 Posts
i had the same problem and it ended up being tht i took one piece of the starter off not the other piece so check tht

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
i doubt it is the starter.......if the bolt through the starter was still in, the transmission wouldnt pull out at all, because the bolt is still threaded in. It would pull out if the bolt was stripped, but..........

i say dust cover bolts. Its an easy step to miss when your taking the tranny out.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
the last time i pulled mine, i forgot one dust cover bolt. i was so pissed that the damn thing wouldnt come apart...

ive pulled the thing probably 10 times in the last year, and only once did i forget anything :neutral:

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
the last time i pulled mine, i forgot one dust cover bolt. i was so pissed that the damn thing wouldnt come apart...

ive pulled the thing probably 10 times in the last year, and only once did i forget anything :neutral:
that was a good call on the dust cover bolts:TU:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.