Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have either a 89 or 91 5 speed transmission non vetch it needs to be rebuilt. Was wondering if a vetch rebuild kit(gears ect.) will fit in the tranny and if I would need to replace axels or any other parts thank you.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,107 Posts
vtec is in the head, not the transmission.

there should be a code on the transmission, if not look at the drain plug by an axle seal and see what the letters and numbers are. there is also a site sponsor named "Aquafina" who sells rebuild kits. message him

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
You/we need more info, like he said ^.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Presuming you have a DX transmission the gears are the same as the Si, only the FD is different. You need to determine which transmission you have before I can help you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A100 / SL3. With some more research I now know its not SI(someone mentioned there are S3 Trannies), so will SI Tranny Kit fit and are axels/hub different. Thank you

James

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
No, you need the rebuild kit specific to the DX. Axles are the same.

What exactly are you wanting? You mentioned a kit as in rebuild kit but also mentioned gears. Let me know and I will give you a price for everything.

·
Registered
06 VW Passat 3.6 awd
74 Posts
Perhaps I can convince the OP to start using Transmission vs Tranny? Trannies are something completely different, and a thread entitled such as this one makes me think the OP is looking to have surgery on himself.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
How many trannies can you fit in your trunk?
With or without stacking?

EG HB with rear seat removed you can fit nine, with pass set removed twelve.

21 trannys, two trips to storage, the little D15 that could!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts