Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I was thinkin bout puttin an si 5spd in my 89 civic dx would it bolt right up? An other thing I know I need the ecu for it would I be able to use my dpfi mani an do I need to change the dist an wire?

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
yes the tranny bolts up and you dont need the si ecu to run the si tranny in the car....
If you do the mpfi swap, THEN you can use an si manifold, si ecu and si disty

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes sir can't stand autosso tryin to figure out if I can just swap trannys an get a dx manual ecu an be fine

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
find a dx 5spd one for the swap bc the si ecu is mpfi and wont work with the dpfi. now IMO if you can source the stuff for the mpfi swap do that as well but if you only have the trans for now then by all means do the trans swap splice some wires(not sure what exact ones been awhile since i checked that swap out) and enjoy the 5spd over the autotragic

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok well the guy on here said I didn't need the si ecu unless I was usin the intake mani an stuff but is the dx tranny any good?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok I've heard all this bout final drive what's that about sorry new to the honda it took awhile to get the exact car I wanted an was bummed its an auto

1 - 12 of 12 Posts