Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Civic LX
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on i just went through every thread in transmission alley, and i haven't found anything that would help me. with that said i'm sorry if this is a repeat (i'm sure someone has had to run into this problem as well)
anyways.
will the shifter assembly, shifter linkage, pedal assembly, and mounts from a 93ish civic work on a 98ish civic?????
thank you for your help in advance
:)

·
Registered
97 Civic LX
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone????

·
Registered
eg sedan
156 Posts
i think it will work (shifter stuff) idk about the pedal i think the pedal might be different but i know that the linkage works but you have to cut and drill some stuff to get it to go in the tranny mount is also different from AT and MT my boy and i just swapped his 97 ex from auto to stick ( my first conversion his first anything major) took us about 12 hours (due to tools not being right there and i was teaching him how to do the clutch and install a transmission)

but its a fun project and can be done fairly easy

·
Registered
97 Civic LX
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks for the much needed info man, rep for sure

·
Premium Member
96 Honda Civic
985 Posts
^^LOL! Did you already purchase the eg parts for your ek? The eg pedals will fit the ek. Now there are innovation conversion mounts that will fit your setup. They cost about 125 shipped, well at least that is what mine cost. Also the shift linkage depends on what body style you have-cope/sedan/hatch. What do you have?

·
Registered
97 Civic LX
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have a 97 lx with a 98 y8 and a 99dx tranny (i know it's a A000, but i got it for $40)lol. no i just got the tranny so far. but i've talked to him a bit more and he decided to just sell me his whole car for parts for $100. so i'm just going to get everything from it for the swap(except for the comp and wireing loom). i'm still deciding if i want to go with a obd1 conversion or not. i'm also deciding if i want to just use his y7 ECU with a MSD RPM switch for the v-tec, or just find an EX manual ECU. lol. still a lot of deciding before i get to the switching lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts