Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 civic DX
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend is having trouble he can shift fine with out the clutch and sometimes it sticks in gear. Is that the tranny or clutch. How do you know when the clutch is going out.

·
0 Posts
he should check his haynes manual it's probably right in there

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
hondaracer13 said:
My friend is having trouble he can shift fine with out the clutch and sometimes it sticks in gear. Is that the tranny or clutch. How do you know when the clutch is going out.
if your question is how do you know if the clutch is going out... if you're in gear and you floor it, if the motor revs high, but doesn't accelerate, and there's a nice smell of burning clutch usually... and i don't recommend shifting w/o using the clutch, unless he enjoys breaking things.

C

·
0 Posts
9000_red said:
if your question is how do you know if the clutch is going out... if you're in gear and you floor it, if the motor revs high, but doesn't accelerate, and there's a nice smell of burning clutch usually... and i don't recommend shifting w/o using the clutch, unless he enjoys breaking things.
yea, if you dont move, then there's a good chance you are out of clutch.

is it the cool thing to shift without stepping on the clutch?

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
a friend of mine likes to do that in his miata, and he's good at it. he just matches a certain rpm w/ each gear and it shifts really smoothly. but, i've never quite figured that one out, and i don't think there's any use in trying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts