Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have searched have found nothing. Well i just got a tranny from some guy, and he said it was fairly new, and no problems what so ever So i installed it new clutch, throw out bearing etc. I took it out for a test drive, and as i get on the gas, it starts to make this loud sound, sort of like something is spinning inside. So i brought it back in my garage, and put it on jacks to see it it makes the same sound with no weight on the axels to see if thats the problem. How ever, when i have my foot on the clutch pedal, it makes no sound, but as soon as i release my foot, the sound kicks in and i am shure something is spinning inside...........also when i took out the tranny and started to inspect it, i saw some little plastic pieces, and some little metal pieces(which i dont know were they came from, cause i know theres no plastic pieces in a tranny). I went to wal mart and picked up some cheap oil and threw it in there to drain it out, to see if any more shavings come out( im letting it sit right now, and about to drain in like 10 min)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeh i was thinking that too, but when i pulled it out everything looked fine...i looked at some other post and im going to go check some things..oh yeh also going to drain oil...ill be back with results

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so i just drained it, and a couple of white pieces came out nothing serious, but maybe the throw out bearing is what it is...who knows, i just dont wanna throw it it and it make the same sound yah know, and have to pull it out again

·
Registered
353 Posts
Sounds the same exact problem had. Thought it was the throwout-bearing but after I changed it it still made the sound. Turned out that a couple bearing in my tranny had seized up and self destructed so whenever the clutch was engaged (pedal not being pushed in) there was this horrible grinding sound like something was spinning around inside the tranny. Hopefully that's not the case for you, but you may want to consider taking it back apart and checking things out again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts