Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
figure it out yourself...

Reactions: lewy

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks bones. :TU: i'll update the top page post.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey bones is the small list ok or do i need to add anything else?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,648 Posts
that list is for OBX install, big bearing case, for a typical rebuild you don't need the two diff bearings.

Don't forget the thrust washer when doing the ISB, VERY important if the ISB is trashed.

OBX might have updated their LSD with proper width, this will make installing the OBX harder. Before you'd just drop in a oil ring and never worry about checking the shim clearance. Now I'm gonna have to check it correctly.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
?? so this is all that's recommend to replace when rebuilding a tranny? what's the difference between these parts lists and the rebuild kits you can by a schucks. I think the ones at schucks come with syncros.

·
10,488 Posts
where the hell do you see the oem part numbers on majestic?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,648 Posts
I search via SL Honda, then enter the number in on Magestic.

·
10,488 Posts
That's what the parts diagrams are for? I actually thought since you posted in this post, that you needed the parts listed above.
I'm actually kinda thread jacking.... but remoer has parts numbers and I couldn't figure out how the hell he got them from majestic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm confused as to how this can be a complete rebuild kit. I got a VX tranny i want to rebuild and I think I have bad synchros. I'm pretty lost as to what to replace and what proper tools I need. I have a press but I think it is bent. Maybe I can replace the part that is bent.

So I bought the transmission it wouldnt stay in gear and would go into 4th at all. They said it has bad synchros. I have the helms i guess I'll just inspect and measure everything.

Is the 126 dollar list really all I need?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well Ill just make a list of tools I need from the helms and try to get in there and measure all the tolerances. Should be a fun first project.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,648 Posts
what tools you thinking of wasting your money on and why?

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
Well Ill just make a list of tools I need from the helms and try to get in there and measure all the tolerances. Should be a fun first project.
what tools you thinking of wasting your money on and why?
OP, have you checked out the ISB replacement thread?

http://www.d-series.org/forums//showthread.php?t=14079

I did that, seals, other mainshaft bearing, and a LSD install w/bearings using nothing special besides a set of snap ring pliers. I bought the puller for the dif. bearings, so I could reuse my speedo gear, but I never did get that gear off and so I ended up buying a new one.

transzex knows what he's talking about. If he says your problem isn't syncros, then it probably isn't synchros. From what I've read, they are usually one of the last things that needs to be replaced in a d-series trans. The parts listed are the those that are most commonly in need of replacing. Problems inside the trans seem to have much more to do with shifter forks and blown out bearings. (and outside the trans with grinds from bad motor mounts....)

Maybe if you actually ask the question nicely, transzex could tell you about what he thinks your problem is. Otherwise, get that trans split, warm up your digital camera. set the macro mode, turn off the flash and post up some pics!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts