Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
matrix
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so i need help identifying which version obx lsd i just reicieved. it does not look like v2.5 or v3.0. i dont know if i just shim this one like any other lsd or not. i have no torn the tranny apart yet so i havent measured the factory diff. any help appreciated! thx here are some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Civic Si
254 Posts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
that last link, look at the 4th pic, LOL!!!!!!!

Yeah, whoever named all these different versions should be strung up :)

·
Registered
matrix
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright so i got the ring gear all torque down now and all speedo and diff bearings pressed in(thx to dan). now i put it back in the case and going to check shim tmrw. and if i dont need a shim i will have to go order a angular ball bearing for input shaft. mine was toast. any recommendations as to where to get it besideds local honda. they want $70 for one before 15% discount.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
How do you know you's is toast?????

Since it and angular bearing it will be sloppy. That is why the thrust washer by the ISB applies pressure to it.

Clean it out with carb or brake cleaner, blow dry with compressed air, add some oil, spin to spread it around, now spin it with the closed side of the bearing cage down, should be nice and smooth.

Yep, I though I had a bad one on a LS tranny and bought a new one, it was just as sloppy.

The bearing

91004-PL3-B03 BEARING, ANGULAR BALL (22X70X17.5) (NTN) List $ 60.78 Online $ 44.49

Honda Parts at HondaPartsDeals.com: Honda Accessory, Honda Car Parts, Honda Auto Parts, Honda Accord Parts

·
Registered
matrix
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol transzex since you must ask. i dropped the gears it hit the angular bearing and smashed the ground and bearing came apart. thx for the site bone. i just check it out with the rediculous price for shipping ($60 cheapest). ill just get it at local dealer should be no more than 70 anyway.
btw when i spin the lsd in case with just the ring gear i can see noticeable amount of runout. i dont think i have any tool to chk but from eye looks like 1 - 2mm at the ring gear. or does it do this because i dont have anything else holding it down??

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
are you looking at the outer edge of the ring gear?????

Even OEM diffs will look like they have run out issues but once ring gear is bolt on all is fine.

·
Registered
matrix
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya man im looking at the outer edge of the ring gear and im comparing it to an edge on case while im spiinning

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
thats not good.

i hope the LSD is alright.

you can put it in two blocks that are the same size and spin it and use a magnetic base/dial gauge from Princess auto to check for runout. its a straight forward process.

·
Registered
matrix
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
actually spinning it the second time its not bad. but everything is now back together sealed. i put the interlock bolt after i assembled the case, that wouldnt cause problem right? i shifted all the gears and works but a little tight i gues no lube? so before i slap it back on the motor. what kind of grease/lube should i use of the input shaft splines and release bearing? what else do i need to lube up? can i use the lube that act gave me with clutch kit?

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
MoS2 will work. very sparingly on the input shaft.

as per Bone, interlock guide bolt is the first out, and the last in.

make sure its in neutral when you put it back in.

·
Registered
matrix
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
right one man thanks. i just put the tranny and engine together still got little bit on wiring to do but i should be tuned and ready in 2weeks hopefully but my new puppy is delaying me i gotta look after her when the gf is at work.... heres some pics on the progress anyway i posted in HT. 95 civic eg cx hatch turbo build 350-400whp - Honda-Tech
is there is anything wrong with the build please tell me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts