Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i need some help here

after doing some research, i found out that the noise that is coming from my tranny is making that grinding sound or some shit and it's because of the to bearing right...well now that when im cruising on first gear it goes then it makes a somewhat high pitch grind so i think to myself wtf is that..so would it be the to bearing or the input shaft or something help me out guys

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
uhh, what tranny?

First I would check your motor mounts.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like a brg inside is binding up. the t/o brg wouldnt do that when crusin.

·
Registered
93 DelSol S, 95 DelSol Si, 01 Odyssey EX, 04 CRV EX
2,165 Posts
Um, I would say imput shaft bearing....

does it make the noise when the clutch is pushed in only??? in that case it's the throw out.... the throw out is ONLY being used when the clutch is pressed.

Yeah... the imput shaft bearings are the main culprit of noize when driving... grinding [when shifting] is normally associated with bent shift forks inside the xmission, and sometimes its the synchros.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
it makes noises when the clutch isn't pressed in and as for the driving part, its the first and second gear...its like when u rev the engine higher u hear it grinding or something like that u know and also just discovered today with all the snow, when i put the car in reverse, it sounds like something's spinning and shit u guys help a brother out my tranny seems fucked up or maybe i should just swap in a y8 huh??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts