Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know how to ID it but I don't know where the tranny fill plug is? So I can't go by the bar code of the tranny that is easily viewable from the front of the car?

How hard will it be to properly ID tranny w/o getting under car or whatever? The car really isn't driveable, so I can't test drive it to know what tranny I'll be getting when I buy the car.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
need to go underneath with a flashlight and possibly a rag to wipe off the grime. No other way I know of without driving it...

it's in one of the grooves...

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I can't go by the barcode? the s20 I think?

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
same generic code for both DX and EX trannies...

·
Registered
417 Posts
it's hard to look at the id by the fill plug, i stuck a digital camera in by the passenger side axle, then found myself magnifying the image to read the code.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found it guys. I finally got around to it, I went ahead and did an oil change and while I was down there I started looking. I couldn't find it, came to check here and saw that a mirror would help.. Sure enough my dad had one laying around and I just stuck it in there, shined some light, and I saw my DX w/ z6 swap also had the z6 tranny. p20/B000. That was a nice site, lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts