Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did a tranny fluid change and Im looking to where the best place to fill it would be.

On my d16z6 tranny I have a small round tube that sticks up about 3 inches coming out of the top of the tranny under the hood and it has a small black rubber boot with a 90 on it, it just pulls right off and exposes the hole for the tube. Can I fill through this??

Thanks

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Well bro, the correct amount that is supposed to be in there is only around 1.8/1.9 liters. Simple solution, throw a drop pan under the "fill plug" of the trans and remove the fill plug. As long as you are on a flat surface you will drain out the excess...so you'll then be left with the correct amount for the trans.

What effects might an over-filled trans have on the operation of the trans? Good question...maybe slower engagement?

·
Registered
civic
207 Posts
LEVEL surface plus removed fill plug is all it takes. The tranny was empty before you filled it correct? I fill mine up through the speed sensor hole, got the longest funnel in my garage for this, no idea how or when i got it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts