Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody else here using a tranny cooler? if so, what kind? and how well does it work?

personally ive got a hayden tranny cooler, hopefully it'll make my auto last for a while im running 10psi...

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
I never heard about running oil cooler with that boost/standard tranny.

Automatic Chevy run already oil cooler when you tow a trailer.

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
The tranny cooler worked well for me. Before I put it on I could smell my tranny burning whenever I’d drive it hard.

It was easy for me to put it on because I don’t have a/c. I got it off ebay for 15 bucks, made by Mopar. Just make sure you check for leaks and use teflon tape on the fittings. Took me like 30min to fab up a bracket, put it on and check the fluid level.

I’ve had it over a year without any problems.

Heres a pic.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MyblkVTEC said:
I need one of these, but where should I get one?? what size and where in the hell is there room for one????
i got my Hayden one at Advance Auto Parts- it was like 25bucks, i have mine mounted in front of my radiator...

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MyblkVTEC said:
ok, I just picked up a B&m ONE :) Im getting in with my new radiator this week!
how much did the B&M run ya?

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
60 bucks at my buddys local checker auto parts, looks very nice, I just really need to find room for this thing, its not big so I guess ill have ti see, it came with the tubing and all the mounting hardware, not bad for what it does yanno?

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
Hayden makes the ones we sell at Uhaul, i have a medium duty truck cooler on my 92 Accord. trans stays cool as hell:beer:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NastyHabitzCRX said:
Hayden makes the ones we sell at Uhaul, i have a medium duty truck cooler on my 92 Accord. trans stays cool as hell:beer:
thats sweet... i was thinkin about one like that but i figured it might be a little TOO big- ive got the 'compact car' one... it measures somethin around 10"x6"x0.5", hopefully its enough to make my tranny hold up long enough for me to save a little money... :lol:

·
Registered
879 Posts
i just picked up a Hayden cooler from work. the core measures 5" high and 9.75" long, with 0.75" thickness. hopefully i can get it thrown on today.

any easy way to figure out which line is which? like which is the return line?

·
Registered
879 Posts
well, i got mine all bolted up, and no leaks so far. it was actually a fairly easy install, just took some time to pull off the old stuff, route the new hoses, mount the cooler to the radiator, etc. i'm going to take it for a drive later and see how it feels. i'd really like to get a tranny temp gauge now so i can monitor it, especially if i end up getting the JRSC for the car. :D i will get some pictures up later today. i still need to upload them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts