Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been searching threads for steering wheel vibration and i couldnt come up with anything decisive for my issue

my issue being i get steering wheel shaking around 90 km/h and it will shake on braking at highway speed. (i may rotate my tires and see if the problem goes away or not.

But i also read it could be the transmission output bearings...

so i went out just now to check if i got any play in my cv shafts. now there is ALITTLE. like VERY little movement in the tranny side of the shafts. its all solid on the wheel end.

thoughts? :wacko:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its out a TINY bit. cant remember which way. will just an alignment cause it to shake? i only get shake from 80-95 km/h. (starting off at a slight vib at 80 where 90 is u can feel it, then at 95 its all but gone. im thinking thats more tires than anything.

aswell at around 60 km/h when i brake i get the exact same vib in the steering wheel. same type, same harshness (tho its anything but) and everything.

i checked all the suspension today and all tie rods, ball joints, and wheel bearings are solid. (no play with tire test). bushings arent HORRIBLE. they are starting to show some cracking and wear. nothing devastating or revealing.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Slight tire separation? (A bubble)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts