Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been looking for trailing arms. Found some OEM ones. But was wondering if there was a better option? Trying to restore/ it for more power. Or even if the OEM ones will be fine. Around 300 whp is the goal. Thanks

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,030 Posts
stock trailing arms cant handle 300hp. that's ridiculous. all that power on the rear wheels

·
5,030 Posts
he must be blind if he cant find trailing arms....that or google is broken

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
Have been looking for trailing arms. Found some OEM ones. But was wondering if there was a better option? Trying to restore/ it for more power. Or even if the OEM ones will be fine. Around 300 whp is the goal. Thanks
Why?

What's wrong with the ones on the car?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As my post said I have found OEM ones. And didn't know if ( for a track car) they would be fine. I am rebuilding the whole car. It's my first time. I didn't know if there was an aftermarket solution, or reinforced version out there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
OEM ones are fine. You could also do a 5-lug swap using Integra axles (front knuckles and rear trailing arms) as you will have to go for big brake on this setup.. but you can also just mount the big brake calipers and brackets on your axle.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Actually the trailing arm itself is pretty much the same but the wheel bearing and stub shaft (if that's the correct term I pulled from LEO) are different. You'd also have to get new rims, that's why I'm just putting the big brake calipers off an Accord and Civic Aerodeck on mine, I want to keep the OEM EK4 15" rims..

·
5,030 Posts
Thanks for the info on the five lug swap. At least some people have positive feedback. Much appreciated.
:bash: because fuck doing the leg work yourself and using google?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Damnit, not everybody can know everything by heart. That's what a forum is for if you guys don't remember - asking people who know more than yourself about stuff you don't know.. I really don't think this question is as stupid as you think, slo_eg8. I mean, he is curious about the safety so that shows some "common sense" as he doesn't want to put other people in danger doing "the wrong thing". Why the heck can't people here just answer questions in a friendly way? I've been doing that for 8 years on German forums and I still didn't get pissed yet, even when it was the 5th or 10th time I answered a specific question.
Are you US Americans just like that, getting pissed on everything, or what is it? Is it so hard to just answer those guys who come looking for professional help here and to not be pissed about it?

Yes, i did also make kinda fun of it when I "translated" what you said, but what the heck is wrong with most guys on these forums?

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
It's about the lack of effort to find the info themselves.

I just went to the junkyard for a pair of crv spindles, prelude hubs and rear calipers.

Reactions: slo_eg8

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts

·
5,030 Posts
Damnit, not everybody can know everything by heart. That's what a forum is for if you guys don't remember - asking people who know more than yourself about stuff you don't know.. I really don't think this question is as stupid as you think, slo_eg8. I mean, he is curious about the safety so that shows some "common sense" as he doesn't want to put other people in danger doing "the wrong thing". Why the heck can't people here just answer questions in a friendly way? I've been doing that for 8 years on German forums and I still didn't get pissed yet, even when it was the 5th or 10th time I answered a specific question.
Are you US Americans just like that, getting pissed on everything, or what is it? Is it so hard to just answer those guys who come looking for professional help here and to not be pissed about it?

Yes, i did also make kinda fun of it when I "translated" what you said, but what the heck is wrong with most guys on these forums?

this, this right here is the problem.
ANY AND ALL KNOWLEDGE IS AT YOUR FINGER TIPS
and people would still rather be lazy as hell and ask to be spoon fed the information. go back 40 years. if you didn't know how to take something apart or put it back together, how would you find out? would you go ask your neighbor? your teacher? your family? what if they didn't know, then what? you took your ass to a library, part store, dealership, retail space and you HUNTED FOR THE INFORMATION yourself. you didn't stand around fingering your ass waiting for someone to look up the exact issue you had. google was invented for the lazy and students to find the information as quickly and efficiently as possible.

top 3 images on google, all relate to d-so. not to mention, my personal favorite

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,662 Posts
Guess why I'm not as active on here anymore.

20+ years I put my heart and soul into info on here and other forums, LAZY people don't even wanna try to look it up.

Fuck them. I grew up on V8's and learning about LSA's and how a dual plane Holley 650 vac sec was at times better than a single plane intake with a 850 dumper pumper stumper, esp. when the power valve was puked out.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Guess why I'm not as active on here anymore.

20+ years I put my heart and soul into info on here and other forums, LAZY people don't even wanna try to look it up.

Fuck them. I grew up on V8's and learning about LSA's and how a dual plane Holley 650 vac sec was at times better than a single plane intake with a 850 dumper pumper stumper, esp. when the power valve was puked out.
I wouldn't be where I'm at now without this forum, and you've definitely contributed a lot on here, Bone. :bandito: #RealOG

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
Perfect example of why OGs don't post anymore.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think 40 years ago, first thing to do would be to go and ask someone of whom you think he knows the answer to your question. Even I do that now. Also, search can be tricky sometimes, because you get tons of "wrong" search results that aren't really discussing what you were looking for.. I mean, it's not THAT lazy when you go and ask people who know more than you. Also, I can imagine maybe sometimes people might be using the search and looking for specific infos only in the tech forum - but they can't find it there. Why? Because each and every problem anyone has gets moved to the n00b section. Who would search for technical info in there? Nobody, because it sounds like there's only trivial BS in it and it's in the category "Everything else"..
Just look at the wiring question from the other guy with the D17. Not a noob question and not so easy to figure it out on your own, especially when you don't have a shop manual to look up all the connections. BUT, it gets moved to the noob section. Why not keep it in some tech or electrical section so it's well-sorted and to be found just where it's supposed to be and people with the same problems will also find it there later on?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts