Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problm with my car. when i bought it was wrecked in the front end. the Pass. wheel will move back and forth somewhere close to 1/2 a inch. its hrd to tell exactly. it seems as thought the whole rack and pinion moves. BACK to my question, would a traction bar help to keep this movement from ever happening?

Does anyone have a prefrence to a brand, or model?

Any help is good help. trying to help save the tires (shop wont align it now.)

Thanks

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
traction bar is not going to fix that problem...

take it to an alignment shop and figure out exactly whats wrong with it

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, they tell me that my car is basically fucked. i've ordered new bushings for the steering rack. i might have been to vauge in my first discription. when you turn the wheel when it is off the ground withyour hands. the back and forth motion moves the actually rack and pinion inside its brackets possibly half an inch. ive tried stackng things up ontop of my bushing but havent found anything sturdy enough.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Well its wrecked and the car is F* then oh well you bought a totaled car traction bar wont help if the front is bent/broken and when it falls off .... exactlky what did the shop say

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it was just alocal gut not like a NTB or anything. the car is a rebuilt title, but this happen after it was fixed. kid smacked a curb at 50 straight on. i reaize that im screwed, im jut trying to find a solution so i can get n alignment.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
just makin sure you did not get riped off thats all have a shop or find one that does free estimates write a repair cost so you can get an idea of the damage but make sure it is a free service cause most shops should do it for free

·
Registered
288 Posts
fix the rack and pinion mang. if it move then somethings not on right. even if your car was twak it shouldnt wobble or move. take some time and look at the mounting location.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
and thats the thing, i have. it moves inside the mount on the pass. side. i was thinking about splitting one side of a hose, and trying to stack that in the mount, i already have a red poly urethane mount in there. its still loose.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Replace the rack, something doesn't sound right with the one you have now..

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
ok, i want to explain something really cool. when i had my 89 hatch, i was driving in the snow when i hit an ice patch. i alwys had a problem with the front end which made me think it was hit before. anyway, when i hit the snow patch i went into a a guard rail and mash the whole passanger sideheadlight punch the radiator it look really bad. so i saved some money bought a hood, fender, bumper and head light. took it to a body shop they put it on some mahine in the shop and realigned the whole front w/parts, for $1,200. shit it drove better than it did before i was hit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts