Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Del Sol si
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing some upgrades on the Delsol for this season of Autocross and was wondering if anyone knew if a traction bar is legal on and eg chassis in the SMF class? We use SCCA rules and I checked the rule book but it reads like it could go either way.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,939 Posts
I assume you’re referring to the part:

“Suspension components are unrestricted as long as they use the original attachment points.”

Since traction bars often use the tow hook mounting points, I can see how this might be a grey area.

I’ve personally known guys who run in the SMF class with traction bars that mount in the tow hook locations. I guesss it would really depend on how the tech inspector interprets the rules but I don’t think it will be a problem. You can write the tech guys at SCCA and get their opinion on it but I think it’s fine.

·
Registered
94 Del Sol si
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. Yea that's what i was figuring. Also the part about vertical points, and traction bars are horizontal. If anyone else has any input or experience with this id like to hear about it!

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
My Innovative Mounts traction bar uses all OE attachment points. Sounds like that is within the rules, however, I do not have experience getting it through tech within the past decade.

·
Registered
94 Del Sol si
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I posted this on the autox forum as well and got a response of traction bars are legal in all the SM classes!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am running EP and they are legal. I thought street mod rules were pretty open.

On a side note I have spherical bearings and no bushings in the front and rear lower control arms. Is it going to be over kill and worthless to add a traction bar??

Car
1992 eg hatch D16z6
141 hp
139 torque

Again this is an autocross and time attack car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts