Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i ordered a traction bar that was supposed to fit my car ( ek hatch with one piece si LCAS ) and i received a bar meant for a dx/cx with the two piece cast arms. The item was listed as compatible with both cx and si trim, upon installing it i realized they are differant and with it bolted up the angle at which the links are mounted is completely garbage and binding.

Im contemplating just moving the LCA bracket to a better position and just welding the cocksucker right on. Thoughts on this? pictures below of horrible fitment.

·
one grumpy old man
786 Posts
what dan said.or grind the tacks on the crossmember mounting points and slide it until its proper and re weld it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
spin the shock mount 90 degrees....
By shock mount do you mean the attachment point on the LCA? If so the manufacturers are very specific in mounting it level with the control arm as pictured and not having it rotated.

Either way in that position it still binds badly

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its a blox traction bar but its not the manufacturers fault, they specify that it will not work with one piece LCAs, though the seller did not know this and listed it as compatible with 99-00 si even though it isnt. I just welded the LCA mounts on in a position that works.

Aside from getting the wrong part, I liked the quality and everything else fit very well. My last fullrace bar needed needed hammered into place, tight fit. This one slid in snug.

·
Registered
Ek sedan
382 Posts
I just put one of these on my ek sedan a few days ago and it fit really well. I would recommend them for sure

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
Its a blox traction bar but its not the manufacturers fault, they specify that it will not work with one piece LCAs, though the seller did not know this and listed it as compatible with 99-00 si even though it isnt. I just welded the LCA mounts on in a position that works.

Aside from getting the wrong part, I liked the quality and everything else fit very well. My last fullrace bar needed needed hammered into place, tight fit. This one slid in snug.
yeah, but if the front heim joints aren't in line with the LCA pivot bolt, it'll always bind

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, but if the front heim joints aren't in line with the LCA pivot bolt, it'll always bind
Well I removed the shock and moved the lca through its full range of motion that it would see on the street, no binding. Room to spare.

The front hiems could not be inline with the LCA bolt without binding because the the mounts were not inline, if they did eveythinf would have fit in the first place.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
Well I removed the shock and moved the lca through its full range of motion that it would see on the street, no binding. Room to spare.

The front hiems could not be inline with the LCA bolt without binding because the the mounts were not inline, if they did eveythinf would have fit in the first place.
duh. you're right, I didn't even think about it like that

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
having the heims at extreme angles like that puts alot of stress on them axially instead of push/pull only like they should be. Although it may work fine, they may wear out quickly or even bend the bracket.

You cant just bend the tabs over to the side because the holes wont line up to put the bolt through. Really the mount needs to be remade with longer and shorter legs at an angle to account for this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts