Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone.

I finally got around to editing a couple of clips from the open lapping session on August 2, 2015 at the Canadian Tire Motorsports Park Driver Development Track.

This is the first time I've taken out the del Sol since the motor was rebuilt. It's a high-compression P29 d16z6. You can see the build thread here

Since it was the first time taking out this fresh rebuild, I was a little reluctant to push it. I'd rather break it in than break it. Overall I'm extremely happy with the results. There is definitely a significant power increase over the stock motor when I tracked it last year. It feels like the power delivery is more linear and more responsive.

I've attached a couple of videos. Enjoy!

Open lapping:
http://youtu.be/FK18Wd2bGK4

Chasing down a BMW 128.
http://youtu.be/oavjqs7N-PI

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
that bmw chase video clearly shows you got the power to move it. More track time means you will embarass that bmw driver if you happen to be "chasing" him again.

Sounds good as well. Track time is important! Lots of potential there.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Seriously cool videos, had my coworkers around my desk watching with me when I said, "you guys wanna see what happens when a civic happens to be on track with some sporty sedans and coupes?" Yeah I kept "modified" to myself, but they figured it out.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that bmw chase video clearly shows you got the power to move it. More track time means you will embarass that bmw driver if you happen to be "chasing" him again.

Sounds good as well. Track time is important! Lots of potential there.
Thanks!

There are a couple of more events this year before it's time to put the car to bed for the winter.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seriously cool videos, had my coworkers around my desk watching with me when I said, "you guys wanna see what happens when a civic happens to be on track with some sporty sedans and coupes?" Yeah I kept "modified" to myself, but they figured it out.
AWESOME!

I'm enjoying the little bit of anonymous celebrity status. Glad you guys enjoyed it. I enjoyed making it!

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Any mods to the trans yet? Seems like some of those slower corners you could of used a bit more rpm. LSD-equipped?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Did you have to get the car AFR tuned for the higher compression ratios?
The car was tuned using Crome. I've never personally tuned an ECU so I left that to the expert. I would imaging that the AFR would have been adjusted to compensate for the high compression ratio. Perhaps someone with more knowledge than I can confirm if Crome can be used to adjust the AFR.

I found this doing a quick search:
http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-forum/196937-basic-tuning-crome-pro.html

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 12 of 12 Posts