Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
as soon as you see the 3rd amber. drop the gear... never launch on the green :hammer:

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
rev it out soon as you see green drop the gear from n to 1........he
Only if he doesn't care to drive home from the track! Just floor it and have fun...no sense in breaking the car to gain a few tenths when you'll be running in the 16s/17s anyways. Just have a good time and take vids!!!

·
COOOOOOL BEAAANNNS
^^
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pointers for an auto.... stomp the gas on the second yellow light..
yeah i wish i would have seen that before i left. All of my R/T are high. I wasn't sure if it was attributed to me or the automatic.

I'll have some vids in a bit- even though they aren't very exciting.

·
Shoot me!
2000 hatchback
6,890 Posts
yeah i wish i would have seen that before i left. All of my R/T are high. I wasn't sure if it was attributed to me or the automatic.

I'll have some vids in a bit- even though they aren't very exciting.
Automatics have no throttle response. I used to mash my pedal down and you get that big delay before you go.

·
COOOOOOL BEAAANNNS
^^
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Only if he doesn't care to drive home from the track! Just floor it and have fun...no sense in breaking the car to gain a few tenths when you'll be running in the 16s/17s anyways. Just have a good time and take vids!!!
Guess I over-estimated your auto! LOL Still fun to be out there though huh! :TU:

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
whats your set up? I always leave on the stall when i race. Ive N dropped it a few times, it actually makes me slower on pavement cuz i spin for a bit, not sure how it would do on a track. You could also manually shift it but that aint to healthy for the trans.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts