Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys i took the car to the track last night. I was having issues getting the car out the hole. it would either bog or spin. I was able to make one decent pass, Still not what i was hoping for tho. And on my 5th and final pass i hurt the motor in the burn out box i believe. bc the car didnt seem to have any power goin down the track. I spun a rod bearing.

Best pass

12.6 @ 113mph 1.998 60ft

Now i guess its time to do a FJ and vitara build on my z6 block. I knew it was only a matter of time that the y8 was gonna spin a bearing with stock oil pump.

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
Those Y motors will always catch up with you in the end...

What was the setup, FJ/Vitara on the Y8?

Also, now's your chance to upgrade and ditch the Vitaras. :)

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
If you are running OBD1, the ECU isn't looking at the CKF sensor, which has nothing to do with the CPS in the distributor. Even in OBDII systems, the CKF only checks for abnormal combustion events, by checking Fluctuations (acceleration outside of specified norms) in the CranK speed.

·
Registered
94 civic hatch
337 Posts
Nice 1/4 mile times!! setup, or pics? Use z6 pump for z6 block..u might be able to use thoes srp's.. Most people use 75.5mm vitaras because, they dont measure out to be exactly 75mm or 75.5mm they are smaller. If you get what im saying

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice 1/4 mile times!! setup, or pics? Use z6 pump for z6 block..u might be able to use thoes srp's.. Most people use 75.5mm vitaras because, they dont measure out to be exactly 75mm or 75.5mm they are smaller. If you get what im saying
Yes id like to just reuse the srp pistons and order another set of eagle rods and new set of rings and bearings.

·
Registered
98 vw jetta 3
2,022 Posts
if im not mistaken and im sure someone who knows more may chime in, but you can use the full z6 block with a z6 timing belt and make it run again. you can still even use your rods if they didnt burn to bad when you spun the bearing. isnt fj out of business now?

·
Registered
98 dx sedan
895 Posts
Really?!?
Ever since those fucking theives broke into their shop the websites been down :/

On another note, EVERY DAMN TIME i see you post in something, I can't help but stare.....lol

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I need to rebuild my y8, maybe I buy different motor no? Sucks it broke, but now you know what doesn't work. :wink:

With a stronger/better block, and tune you should be movin out pretty good for a full body/interior car.

In for vids and pics.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts