1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
being how it is vtec i agree that it does look like its falling off a little early...heres my dyno sheet, i have a d16Y7 my torque pretty much levels out at around that rpm where yours significantly drops.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
He means cam timing.

Is your gear zeroed? Where is the distributor sitting with it set to 16 degrees btdc? In the center of its tabs or cranked one way?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Yah, It very well could be the cam is a tooth advanced, and its still making good power because the forced induction.

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
first off, i think you should ditch the PM6 intake manifold. im pretty sure thats your problem.... small runners and a small TB... its gonna kill ur top end... get a Z6 IM and a B series TB at a bare minimum

heres what mine looked like, but i was fully ported with a race cam and edelbrock IM

i only made 25ftlb more tq, but i made +150whp because my TQ stays flat instead of dive bombing

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
danz everytime i see that graph i get a chubby because of how flat that tq curve is, that is with you colt cam aint it?
ya man thats the colt cam in there...

im gonna try activating VTEC earlier this year and see if i can get her to spool a little quicker too... :bigok:

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya man thats the colt cam in there...

im gonna try activating VTEC earlier this year and see if i can get her to spool a little quicker too... :bigok:
A y8 intake manifold or and eldebrock is in the near future. I have been trying to find a boosted car with a pm6 intake actually carry at the High end but I have yet to find one. Im hoping this is the issue, timing seems to be dead on.:bigok:

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He means cam timing.

Is your gear zeroed? Where is the distributor sitting with it set to 16 degrees btdc? In the center of its tabs or cranked one way?
The adj gear is set to zero and the dizzy is almost exactly in the middle.:bigok::bigok:

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
Your cam gear can be off. If you had the head or block shaved, the timing will be off. If the cam was ground wrong (happens more often then you would think), your timing will be off.

So, what you said means about nothing since you haven't verified much of anything at all with the cam timing.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your cam gear can be off. If you had the head or block shaved, the timing will be off. If the cam was ground wrong (happens more often then you would think), your timing will be off.

So, what you said means about nothing since you haven't verified much of anything at all with the cam timing.
Head and block are both stock surface heights. Im not sure what you mean I haven't verified that the cam timing is correct. I know you know your shit Im just really looking for an answer.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did you dial in the cam according to your cam card?
No I just slapped it in the head and continued on with the build. Valvelash was set along with mechanical timing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts