Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 dx,
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I use a tps off a b18a tb on a z6 tb? I got a b18 tb for free but it doesnt have the iavc on it like the z6 tb does. The z6 tb has a broken tps.

·
Registered
91 dx,
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I was taking a guess on the bottom of the z6 tb. Thanks for the help. BTW do you what it is on the bottom of the z6 tb? All my civics have been dpfi, and this is for a mpfi swap.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You can file slots into the existing round headed bolts holding the tps in, then unscrew these bolts. When swapping these make sure to set the voltage to factory settings (.5V) at closed throttle.

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
You can file slots into the existing round headed bolts holding the tps in, then unscrew these bolts. When swapping these make sure to set the voltage to factory settings (.5V) at closed throttle.
its a little bit more then that...

You need to connect a multimeter to the tps and move the sensor around until the
correct ohm specs are achieved.

With the TB closed, sensor disconnected, ign off:
Pins 1 and 2 = 0.5-0.9ohms
Pins 2 and 3 = 3.6-5.4ohms

You also need to be sure you have correct voltage, sensor connected, ign 'on':
Pins 1 and 3
0.5volts with the TB closed
4.5volts with the TB fully open

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
thats the only way to get it off anyway.

·
Registered
65 Posts
its a little bit more then that...

You need to connect a multimeter to the tps and move the sensor around until the
correct ohm specs are achieved.

With the TB closed, sensor disconnected, ign off:
Pins 1 and 2 = 0.5-0.9ohms
Pins 2 and 3 = 3.6-5.4ohms

You also need to be sure you have correct voltage, sensor connected, ign 'on':
Pins 1 and 3
0.5volts with the TB closed
4.5volts with the TB fully open
Your two steps are more or less redundant. Setting for voltage is more important because the ecu will be looking at the voltage anyways, and if your supply voltage to the TPS is slightly different than 5V then you'll have to re-adjust for voltage anyways (your second step).

thats the only way to get it off anyway.

Not true, I've seen people try to use an easy out with them, then replace the screws when done.

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
Your two steps are more or less redundant. Setting for voltage is more important because the ecu will be looking at the voltage anyways, and if your supply voltage to the TPS is slightly different than 5V then you'll have to re-adjust for voltage anyways (your second step).

Not true, I've seen people try to use an easy out with them, then replace the screws when done.
that came out of a service manual... the information the better :jesus:

·
Registered
615 Posts
:roll: yeah why bother doing it how the factory tells you when you can do it your own way. i have never had to do one on a honda but when i worked a kia i had to do only five and they are super sensitive with the tps. you had to set it to right voltage then make sure all this other bullshit out it would missfire and suck

·
Registered
91 dx,
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds fun. Now I get to have a new toy, I've been wanting a multi meter but haven't needed 1 yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts