Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently did a MPFI swap on my D15B1 and I am running into a ton of issues. I did the swap and had a few issues with wiring for the dizzy and a few others but I got all of those sorted.

On to the main thing, when I did the swap, I extended and swapped the TPS wires by cross soldering them(I didnt swap them by moving the pins). When chasing other issues, I messed around with the pins and forgot how they were originally. When looking at getting them switched back, I noticed somethine weird with my voltages. When at WOT, i would read about 1.8V between the Red wire and the negative on the battery and at close I would read ~0.2V. The "5V" coming in was only 2V.

So based on the proportions, my TPS is fine.. right? its supposed to be 0.5V and 4.5V based off 5V. What could be causing this? Is it a bad ECU since thats whats sending the 5V and reading it? I noticed there is a distinct lack of power, less than before I did the swap so I think this might be an issue (along with a bad head gasket but that's another project)

Anything ya'll can tell me will help.

·
Registered
Civic EG
463 Posts
I had this same issue in mine after we replaced intake manifold. I took voltages from the sensor plug, ecu end, etc etc. After struggling for two days only i realized what's wrong and sorted it.

Check the following picture. The groove in the sensor should sit inside those two metal bits in the throttle body, so when you put on the bolts, you have to slightly turn the sensor to align with the bolt holes. Probably this has to be the issue, if your wiring is okay.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
After looking up the pin outs, it looks like it would be with C12 or C13. Would one of those be the 5V out and the other be the signal after the TPS?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I replaced the ECU with a new one and now I am reading .7 close and 4.6 at open so it was definitely the issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts