Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i heard some people say that u can wire up ur nitrous system to the TPS so that the TPS will send a 12v signal to the nitrous relay, so that it can be like another safety device,now my question:
is it really posible???? has anyone here ever actually done something like that???? or its it just a bunch of BS???????

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I think it's the Zex kits that work that way. You may be able to use a controller to do the same with other kits though.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i know they make a micro-switch that u can install, i was just wondering if u could get a full-throttle signal from the TPS

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
You could pull it off with a relay that would activate at 4.5V and send a 12V signal to the N2O system.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
interesting,
how can i do that?? or where could i find a solenoid like this????

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I'm sure any electronics store would be able to hook you up.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dammm...now i have to find one in this shit hole!!! LOL

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so the ecu reads full-throttle as 4.5v correct?????

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
As long as the TPS is set correctly it does. You would wire your arming switch and an RPM switch between the relay and the TPS so the relay only trips when the arming switch is on, the the relay would close at full throttle above whatever RPM you wanted to activate it.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think an rpm switch is more of what im looking for, since i plan on doing an arming switch and runing the wires to my steering wheel, but i want something else as a safety switch, where can i get an RPM switch??

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for all the help, good looking out bro!!!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
You could pull it off with a relay that would activate at 4.5V and send a 12V signal to the N2O system.
You'd need to use an IC for voltage trigger. The regular relays will probably open when there's enough current going through it. Best bet is to use a voltage detection circuit to trigger the relay.

Maybe a 1381-T IC(4.4V trip...you can use a diode to make it 4.5v) or something similar(TC-54?), and have that switch on the relay(and maybe wire in a resistor before the relay in case it may draw too much current from the VSS). There's probably better CMOS IC's out there but just used the 1381 as an example.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts