Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have the 92-95 ZC VTEC swap in my 88 hatch. I am not throwing a TPS code but when I am at wide open throttle the motor bogs very badly. I switched the wires around on the TPS and then it started to bog at about quarter throttle. When I put a meter on it at idle its sits at .5 exactly and at wide open it sits at 5.68. I can not figure out what the problem is. The TPS is brand new.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no fpr but i did try another ecu. I am pretty sure there is something wrong with the TPS because i switched the to outside wires to make it read backwards and then it bogged at quarter throttle so i switched them back. but I know the tps should only read like 4v at wide open not 5 and above.

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
no fpr but i did try another ecu. I am pretty sure there is something wrong with the TPS because i switched the to outside wires to make it read backwards and then it bogged at quarter throttle so i switched them back. but I know the tps should only read like 4v at wide open not 5 and above.
having that been said have you tried another?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have not tried another but shouldn't one brand new in the package work perfectly. and also isn't the computer only supposed to send the tps 5v max? if so then how am i getting a reading on 5.68v?

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
from my haynes

Using a voltmeter check the reference voltage from the pcm connect the postitive prob to the yellow/blue wire and the negative to the green/black. it should read approximately 5.0 volts

i wouldnt say your to much over that but i may be wrong.
so you have no cel's. what do you mean by bogging?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it feels like no throttle at all. almost likes its fuel cut but like i said it does at quarter throttle when i switch the wires around.

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
.5 closed throttle. 4.5 wot
this is true for the other test. not the one i posted

my car bogged after a swap, i switched lots of thing to get rid of it. it ended up being either a shitty fpr or a ecu since i replaced them both at the same time i dont know which fixed it.

if you dont have a cel though chances are its not going to be the TPS.

·
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!
my hatchy
3,177 Posts
check the wires at the ecu. I had the same problem and it led to a loose pin wire at the ecu. I pinched it square from a slightly oval shape and BAM problem went away. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok I switched the FPR and the entire thottlebody setup including all sensors. Still no fix. The only thing I have left to do is switch the ecu and hope this is the problem. I will post an update later tonight after I do the switch.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Once again no fix. Switched just about everything on the engine out except the harness itself. Also switched ECU. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts